Chapter 12: X-7

Korra POV

M/N and I walk up and sit down next to each other, much to Mako's dislike I can tell. My mom brings M/N a new shirt, very similar to my dad's. He thanks her and begins. M/N explains some of it over dinner, who those people were, he explains the brainwashing and how they did it. But he waits until the kids go to sleep to explain the rest.

You: "I'm sure most of you know that wasn't the full story." I see everybody nod in unison. He begins to explain the more "brutal" parts of the story. He explains how the 5 phrases said to him can put him under somebody's control. He doesn't say the actual phrases though, but I remember them clear as day. He then begins to explain how they injected him with some kind of metal, but says he can't remember what it was called.

You: "They injected Titanium into me a few years back as it was the strongest known metal then. It made me much harder to kill..." I hear him pause. I know he doesn't want to tell them. I put a hand on his shoulder, he turns to me and I smile slightly mouthing its ok to him. He takes a deep breath and continues. "They were trying to make me some kind of emotionless super soldier. Hence why they brainwashed me and injected that "stuff" into me. But they found a stronger metal, they said, if it fused with the titanium... I would become practically indestructible... They were right." I see him hold his hands up, and extend his claws. A shining silver, they probably extend 1-2 inches from his fingertips. I look to see everybody in shock, although Bolin looks more excited than shocked.

Bolin: "Dude! That's sweet!" I look to M/N but he still shows no emotion, there's still something he isn't telling us.

Korra: "M/N? There's something else isn't there?" He nods slowly. I see him retract all but one of his claws. I see him put it next to his arm, and he cuts himself with it.

Korra: "M/N!? What the hell are you doing!" but by the time I'm done saying that the wound is gone, leaving a small scar behind. "What?"

You: "I don't know what the hell it is, but I can heal myself, to an extent." He lifts up the side of his shirt to reveal a large gash in his side. "I can't seem to heal this, any small cut or wound I can heal rapidly, but anything larger than a flesh wound my body won't heal. I found out when I was breaking out of the compound, all the cuts and bruises I got were gone in seconds, but this large one didn't. It doesn't seem like it accelerates the healing process either, but whatever they did to me... it made me into some sort of killing machine, and something tells me there's at least one more group out there that knows the code to get inside my head..." I see my mom get up and walk around to hug him gently. He looks up somewhat confused, but doesn't reject her. When she pulls back and goes back to her own seat I hear M/N.

You: "So what's happened since I was gone?" I explain how we took down Amon, I lost my bending but got it back, and how I could airbend now. He smiles at the last one. I see my father look to M/N somewhat questioningly before he speaks.

Tonraq: "So, you're the Dual Bender then huh?" He nods. "I don't mean to intrude, but aren't there supposed to be two?" I see M/N look down at the mention of this.

You: "She's dead. She was killed 6 years ago. By some people called the Black Lotus." I see Tenzin's and my dad's eyes go wide.

Tonraq: "I'm so sorry kid, I didn't know, but if this Black Lotus has anything to do with the Red Lotus, we might be in trouble if they find both you, and Korra here, in the same place." I see M/N shake his head.

You: "You won't have to worry about the Black Lotus." I see everybody look at him confused.

Tenzin: "I feel like we should. Th-" Tenzin is cut off by M/N.