Chapter 3: Awake

Pema's POV

Pema: "I can't believe they got her..." I say crying. "My little girl... She must be so scared."

Tenzin: "It's okay Pema, we'll find her."

Pema: "But what if we don't, or-or it's too late, she'd be heartbroken if she lost her bending." I say still sobbing.

Ikki: "Hi mom." I look over to see Ikki smiling. Tenzin and I run over to her.

Pema: "Ikki! Oh my gods I was so worried, what happened? How'd you escape?!"

Ikki: "He saved me." She says pointing at a teenage boy. He smiles and waves, and then begins to turn around and walk away.

Pema: "Where do you think your going young man? You just save my daughter and walk away without me being able to thank you?" I say. He turns around and steps into the light and... My god, he's covered in blood and his eye is swollen horribly.

You: "What? What is it?" He says looking around.

Pema: "y-y..your shoulder." I stutter out pointing towards his left shoulder. He looks down and his eyes go a little wide. Then I see him start to sway and he collapses on the floor.

Pema: "Hey! Hello? Are you alright? Hello!?" I see his eyes shut and he seems to black out. "We need to help him! You two!'' I say pointing to the brothers. "Help him into the healing room." They nod and help him into there. I simply cut the rest of his shirt off and removes his tattered pants to reveal his right knee purple and swollen. I begin cleaning his wounds with Jinora's help and to my surprise Korra also comes in to help heal his knee. Once I'm done I ask Jinora if she would help me check on him from time to time, of course I already knew she would say yes. Even Korra offers to help in between training, which again surprises me, but I accept the help knowing I won't be able to be here with him at all times. I look at him again and notice all the scars he's acquired, multiple slash, cut, and burn marks on his chest and stomach. He has a small cut across his chin, and another on his cheek, but his back, I saw it while cleaning his shoulder. There were so many... That his skin was basically uneven. There wasn't a single spot that wasn't either scarred or burned.

*TIMESKIP*

Your POV

As I awake I feel tears on my face, I had nightmare, again. I then feel water that comes up to my chest. 'Oh, that's just great, captured again, woop dee doo just another day in the life of M/N. That is until I open my eyes and see that I'm in some sort of tub and my shoulder is bandaged. Now I'm confused, the last thing I remember is dropping Ikki off. Just then a girl dressed in the natural airbending robes walks in and sees I'm awake.

Jinora: "Your awake! How do you feel? We were all so worried."

You: "How long was I out?" I ask quietly.

Jinora: "Almost 2 days."

You: "What?!" I yell drawing the attention from at least half the city. I hear somebody running in.

Ikki: "Your Okay!" She says jumping up and down. I just chuckle.

You: "Okay? Yes. Sore? Very." I say laughing. They both start laughing with me. "Can one of you help me out of here?"

Jinora: "Our mom said she would, I'll go get her." I just nod but wonder why she wouldn't want them to do it? A few minutes later Pema comes walking in.

Pema: "Oh thank god you're ok F/N." I raise an eyebrow at that, I don't remember telling her my name.

You: "How do you know my name?" I ask.

Pema: "Korra said she met you and that your name was F/N L/N." She says smiling.

You: "Ok, but I prefer M/N if you wouldn't mind, it just sounds better to me." I say smiling.

Pema: "Of course, M/N. Now let me help you out, girls go fetch some clothes and a towel for him please." They both leave and I decide to ask Pema why she didn't want them to help.

You: "Why didn't you want them to help?" I ask genuinely.

Pema: "I'm sorry M/N, but I just didn't want them to see all the scars on your back. I know it sounds terrible, but-"

You: "It's fine, I understand your looking out for them." I say smiling. She just nods sadly.

*TIMESKIP*

*Later That Evening*

Your POV

Everybody is currently eating dinner, but I keep getting strange looks from everybody.

You: "Ok? What's the deal? Why do you all keep looking at me funny?"

Korra: "M/N, you've had 5 bowls of soup, and have eaten at least 15 rolls." She says chuckling.

You: "Whoops, sorry everybody" I say while putting my hand behind my head and laughing slightly, and no doubt my face is red now. Korra is the first to start laughing and then the rest of them join in, even Tenzin, who seemed pretty strict, is laughing slightly. I just laugh with them until I see Jinora sitting there with a small frown on her face.

You: "What's wrong Jinora?" I ask her but she just shakes her head.

Tenzin: "Jinora? What's wrong?" Tenzin asks her. She looks up at me and speaks quietly.

Jinora: "I spoke with the spirit in you, i-it said some of the things you've been through... I'm so sorry M/N." She looks down at her feet. I just stand and leave as I start to feel the tears again. I walk outside and sit at the edge of the courtyard just staring at the city. 'Why would you tell her!" I yell at the voice. 'You needed help M/N.' Again, I feel the anger rising up.' 'Ok, maybe I do need help, but you cannot tell a 10-year-old girl what I've been through!' Now I'm beginning to lose it. 'Do not worry, I kept the worst scenes out of it.' "I don't care if you kept the worst out of it! She's only 10! She shouldn't even know things like that can happen to someone!"

Jinora: "M/N? Are you mad at me?" I hear Jinora say shakily.

You: "Of course not Jinora. I just don't want you to have to deal with what I've been through."

Jinora: "I saw what happened, and I know I can't change it but I know that we'd all be willing to help you with it."

You: "Thanks Jinora." I smile slightly at her and smiles and hugs me. I stiffen but return it kindly. 'see M/N they are willing to help you.' I hear the voice say. 'Yea, I guess maybe this won't be so bad after all.' I think to myself.

Korra: "Hey M/N?" I turn around to see Korra standing there smirking lightly.

You: "Korra...? Why are you smiling like that?

Korra: "I Found You! You have to teach me now!" I pause for a moment then groan.

You: "Ok fine, I'll teach you, but you need to learn airbending first."

Korra: "Ok, but I want you to spar with me first, to see if you can beat me." I smile

You: "You sure you can handle a guy who can barely walk and has busted shoulder?" I say laughing.

Korra: "We'll spar to see whose really stronger when you heal then." She says more like a statement.

You: "I guess we will, avatar Korra." I say laughing. We all say our goodnights and Pema leads me to my room.

You: "Thanks Pema, for everything."

Pema: "It's the least I could do, thank you again for saving Ikki."

You: "Just doing what was right, and thanks for the clothes too they're great."

Pema: "Your welcome M/N, but try to get some rest your still in pretty bad shape."

You: "I will, goodnight Pema."

Pema: "Goodnight M/N."