Chapter 29

Recap

  Skylar: Wait, but what are we gonna do in the meantime?  

End of recap

Adym: Do you wanna stay with me?

I think about Kayla and what would happen if she walked in on us sleeping together.. "Um.. I don't know.."

Even though it's dark out with only the porch light on, I can see Adym frown, "It's okay. We can sit in the tree if you want.."

I inhale, "Adym, it's not that I don't wanna stay the night with you or anything, it's just...complicated.."

Adym looks at me and I can tell he's disappointed, I would be to if I got rejected by my boyfriend, "it's fine Skylar, no big deal."

I walk over to Adym and give him a hug, inhaling his wonderful scent, "Adym, I'm not trying to reject you or anything it's just.."

Adym puts his hands on my waist and looks me in the eye, "Skylar, I said it's no big deal. If you wanna stay out here it's fine. I'm not mad or anything, I just offered because I didn't want you to wake up uncomfortable. But, it's your choice, I'm okay with whatever you choose."

I think about it for a few seconds. I mean, It's not like we're doing anything bad. I mean we're not gonna have sex or anything, we're just sleeping together. Besides, we're leaving early in the morning. His parents might be up, but they wouldn't barge in or anything.

I lift my head up from where it rested on Adym's chest, "We can stay in the house, if it's okay with you"

Adym looks at me and I can see him smile lightly, "Okay"

I grab my blanket and we walk to the Yorba's house. We get to the tree and we climb up the tree and enter through the window. To be honest, I feel guilty sleeping in Kayla's bed with her brother.. 

I think Adym can tell I feel a little bit awkward so he speaks up, "hey, Sawyer left again tonight to stay with a friend. If you want, we can sleep in the guest bedroom a few doors down and come back here when we leave in the morning."

I smile, "Okay."

We walk quietly to the guest bedroom and I get in bed. A few seconds later, I feel the bed sink down and suddenly, a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. I feel Adym's warm skin against my light shirt, he's in his boxers. I smile to myself and close my eyes.

Adym inhales, "Night, sky. I set my alarm for 6:15 tomorrow morning."

I blush, "Night, Adym. See you in the morning."

Next morning/ 6:15 am

I open my eyes to the alarm clock. Adym rolls over and quickly turns the alarm off so we don't wake anyone. We get out of bed and I stretch while Adym pulls his clothes on.

Adym gets his clothes on and smiles at me, "Ready?"

I nod, "Yep, lets go"

We quietly open the door and we hear his parents downstairs making coffee. We slip past the door and quietly sprint to Kayla's room. Adym quietly opens the door and we enter the room. Shutting the door behind him, Adym walks to the window and opens it up for us to step out. We climb down the tree and quickly run across the street and climb my tree.

Adym: So, your dad should be coming down the stairs now and you said he walks outside for the newspaper right?

Skylar: Positive

Adym: Okay, good s-

Suddenly the front door opens and Adym and I get quiet. My dad walks outside in a pair of dress pants and matching shirt. Grabbing the newspaper, he turns around and walks back to the house and shuts the door. we listen, but don't hear the door lock. I look at Adym and we quickly climb down the tree and get to the front door.