chapter 39

Recap

Kayla turns toward the door and I let go of her arm as she steps out and walks toward her home. It needed to happen. She needed to know. But, she's not showing any emotion... Did I just lose my best friend?End of recap

Kayla's Pov

I walk into the house and quickly walk into the bathroom. All these emotions are running through me and I don't know what to think. I stare at myself in the mirror. Whats going on?? I don't know if I should trust Skylar anymore, she's been lying this whole time.. Did I just lose my best friend?? Oh my god.. I don't know anymore. I open the bathroom door and walk to my room to grab clothes to shower. Opening the door, I find Adym on my bed, on social media.

He looks up, "hey"

I shoot him a quick glare before changing my expressions so no one can see how I feel right now, cause honestly, I don't even know how I feel.

I nod at Adym and he looks confused, "You okay?"

I grab some clothes and turn around, "yeah.. Just.. Thinking..."

He looks t me like I'm crazy. Leaving the room, I walk to the hall bathroom and take a quick shower. After my shower i go downstairs and try to watch Tv. A few minutes later my mom announces dinners ready. Everyone walks into the dining room to sit and eat. Adym walks in sitting across from me. I stare hard at him, my view on him changing. My life has just been changed. What do i think of Adym? Do i still wanna be Skys bestfriend? How much has been going on and how come i never knew? I shake my head and rub my eyes hoping to get rid of my problems.

Mom looks at me and asks, "You okay Kayla?"

I look up to see my moms eyes on me. It's as if on cue, Adym looks at me wondering the same thing.

"Yeah. Im just really tired. These past few days have been so... Exciting.." I say while putting food on my plate.

My mom nods slowly as she fills her plate. As dinner continues I try to eat my food but my mind is still wrapped around Adym and Skylar... Why?? My entire view has changed.. I look at Adym as he eats and he catches me staring so he smiles. I try and smile back but all I see is him and Skylar..

After dinner I offer to help with dishes but my mom has it taken care of. Walking to the living room, i stop at the stairs not knowing where im going.

Sawyer looks at me and chuckles, "You look like a lost puppy"

I look at Sawyer and let out a light laugh, "Didn't know it was possible to be lost in my own house..." Or in this case, my own mind....

Finally deciding to walk upstairs, im half way upstairs when Adym stops me and looks me in the eyes, "You okay?"

"Im fine, do I look bad?" I ask.

"No you just look like something's on your mind... You know you can talk to me about anything right?" He says.

"Yeah totally. Thanks Adym.." I answer.

Skylars pov
Im sitting in my room thinking about Kayla when I hear Nick knocks on my door.

"Come in." I mumble.

Nick walks in and looks at me, "You alright? Have you been crying?"

I wipe my face, "No!"

Nick looks at me not believing a word I said.. "What do you want Nick?" I add.

"Skylar, I wanted to talk to you." Nick says sitting down.

"About?" I question..

"Look, I noticed we've been fighting a lot.. Have you?" he answers.