chapter 48

"We just don't know if you and Adym are a good match for each other.." My mom says.

I feel my heart stop for a split second, "WHAT?!" I yell.

"Skylar calm down and hear us out. People are trying to sleep so lower your voice and listen!" My dad says with a stern voice.

As I cross my arms, my mom continues, "Well Skylar.. I'm not saying I saw one, but I just want to warn you.. I thought I saw a hickey on you the other night and-"

I interrupt my mom as she speaks, "No! You didn't see one!! Are you trying to say you don't trust me or Adym?!"

My dad glares at ne and says, "Skylar Olivia Blue! We're trying to talk and explain our thinking!! So just be quiet!"

Silence fills the air until my mom continues once more, "I don't know if it was a hickey but we just wanted to warn you about stuff like that."

"SO YOU'RE SAYING I NEED TO BE CAREFUL OF ADYM?! I NEED TO BE CAREFUL OF NY BOYFRIEND WHO I'VE KNOWN SINCE I WAS A BABY?!" I yell.

My dad glares at me and says sharply, "Skylar!! Be quiet!! For crying out loud just be quiet!!"

"Skylar you can be pressured into lots of things.." My mom says.. "We just think you guys aren't the best match.. We're just thinking of your safety.. Skylar-"

As my mom speaks I begin to feel tears in my eyes so I quickly blink them away.. The more she says the more angry I get so I interrupt her, "No!! He's my boyfriend!! You've known him the day he was brought home and you guys have no right to say that about him!! He's an amazing guy!!"

My dad yells, "SKYLAR OLIVIA BLUE SHUT UP! YOU ARE UNDER OUR ROOF SO YOU WILL DO AS I SAY!! WE'RE DOING WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU SO SHUT UP ALREADY!!"

Everything got silent. My dad never said that to Nick or I. As far as I know he's only said that to mom a few times... I look at my dad.

My dad looks at me immediately regretting what he said so he adds, "Skylar..."

I know he doesn't know what to say so I say, "You're right.. I am under your roof. So maybe it's time I leave and get out so I'm no longer under your roof.."

My parents look at me shocked as I add, "Besides.. I have full ride college scholarships waiting for me to choose from. I better go check out the colleges one more time before choosing."

As I turn to go, I hold back my tears and walk to my room, shutting the door behind me........

1 hour later

Ever since I told my parents I'm leaving it's been quiet. They tried knocking on my door but I didn't feel like talking... As I looked at college's I kept thinking about what Nick said and how he's moving out. After ten minutes I decide to go to bed.

Next morning

I wake up and take a quick shower. After my shower I throw on some skinny jeans with a black and white Vans shirt with black and white vans. Afterwards, I braid my hair into 2 boxer braids and do my regular makeup.

Spraying on my perfume, I get a knock on the door and hear Nicks voice, "Adym leaves soon... Wanna walk outside with me?"

I say yes and reach for my phone as I leave my room. As we walk downstairs, I see my parents look at me and look away with a mix of sadness and anger towards me. We get to the Yorba's front door and knock. Adym answers the door and smiles. I have Nick go in first, after Nick walks in, Adym and I hug.

"I love you babygirl, don't ever forget that alright?" He says in my ear.

I try to smile but all I hear is the conversation I had with my parents last night, "Alright. I love you baby."

We release each other from our hug and he looks at me, "Are you okay?"

I nod silently, "I'm...." I feel tears coming on both because I'm gonna miss him but also because I was hurt about what my parents had said, "I'm.." I'm struggling to get the words out, "Fine.. I'm just gonna miss you so much and... I don't wanna see you go."

He hugs me tightly as my head rests on his chest. I try my best to hold back my tears.

We walk inside to see everyone's eyes look away from watching us. Mrs.Yorba speaks up, "So Skylar, we were going to visit Adym and Sawyer in about 2 weeks.. Wanna come?"

I smile and say yes. I say hi to everyone and we sit and talk for about 30 minutes. After that, we stand up and walk outside with the boys. As we walk them to the car I continue to look at my house, silently wishing my parents would come and say goodbye....

Sup babes, sorry i haven't updated. My friend came over this weekend and we haven't hung out in so long. On top of that, so much is happening at school and it's so annoying but I'm trying to get back to writing. Sidenote I updated my other book so go check it out!! Ily guys