Chapter 111

I walk upstairs and take off my makeup and take a quick shower. After my shower, I get dressed and see Adym spread out on the bed, on his phone. I walk over and lay on the bed, exhausted. He looks at me and smiles, planting a kiss on my cheek.

"You okay?" He says, trying to smile.

I shrug.

"What happened?" He asks.

I explained what the officer said and what Riley told me. Adym listens and nods as I speak. Once I finish explaining Adym sighs,

"Well.. I can see why she got in a fight but I don't know about the arguing with the police.. If you think about it she was trying to keep you from stressing about the fight. I mean it wasn't a very good idea that she did that but she didn't want him to call you. So maybe she was just trying to help but accidentally made it worse?" He implies, "You know she just wants to help."

"I know." I sigh, "But Adym you're missing the point. She went to juvie!! And she went under my watch! How am I going to explain that to her parents? I mean so much is going on and I know she wants to help but that was the worst thing she could've done! I mean it's hard enough for me to punish my little cousin without questioning whether or not I was to harsh but I just picked her up from juvie!!"

"Well I know she needs a punishement but come on she defended herself and tried to not have them call you. I mean I don't like the fact that she got in a fight but she means well. You know what it's like to be her age and wanting to help. Your parents were constantly gone and you just wanted to help." He explains.

"Yeah" I agree, "But Adym I'm still young!! I can barely handle my own life!! I know what it's like to feel like a bother but i mean.. What am I gonna tell her mom?!"

"You'll deal with that when you reach that problem. Babygirl, just worry about Riley right now. You'll tell her mom when you finish with Riley." He states.

I take a deep breath, "You're right.."

He kisses me and I kiss him back before we go to bed..

Next morning

I wake up around 10 am and turn to say goodmorning to Adym but he's not there. Sitting up, I look around and he's not there so I go downstairs and find Adym playing with Pablo and the kids. Reyna and Jordan are laughing on the floor while Adym's making funny faces while Pablo runs around them. Riley sits on the floor with them, trying to laugh but I can tell she's nervous. I walk down stairs and say goodmorning to everyone. Adym kisses me before going back to playing with the kids.

"Sky where'd you go last night?" Reyna asks.

"Yeah you weren't there to say goodnight to us." Jordan adds.

Riley looks at me and I look at her.

"Oh.." I say, "Right. I'm sorry I wasn't there. I had to go run some errands with Adym and Riley but by the time we got home you guys were in bed."

They go back to playing while I go to make breakfast.

I hear Adym say, "Don't worry about breakfast I'll cook this morning."

So, I walk back and sit on the floor with the kids while Adym gets up to cook. We play for a couple more minutes until I turn on the tv for the kid's. As they sit on the couch and watch tv, I scoot over to Riley and try to smile at her. She smiles back and I say,

"So tell me what happened yesterday."

She looks at me, hesitant before explaining. It takes about 15 minutes for her to explain. Once she explains it I think about what I'm gonna say next.

"Okay" I say, thinking, "Well you know I have to punish you right?"

She nods as I continue, "Okay I know you were only trying to help but still,  no eletronics for 3 weeks only for homework and school. You'll get some extra chores and obviously you can't go anywhere without me, Adym or Sawyer with you and..."

I try to thinm of punishments but I can't, "You know.. You don't do much.. You're actually pretty quiet. I can't really punish you.. So i guess thats it. But I hope you know that it's not acceptable to be doing this."

She nods as I stand up and head for the kitchen. Before I walk away I turn,

"Hey"

She looks at me and I whisper as I ask, "Did you win?"

She nods proudly, "Yeah."

I chuckle, "Ayeee that's my cousin!! I knew teaching you to defend yourself would come in happy!! But I mean.. Don't do that again."

She nods and laughs. I walk into the kitchen and kiss Adym on the cheek. He immediately smiles and turns to face me as he cooks the pancakes,

"Did you talk to her?"

I nod, "Everythings cleared up and she recieved her punishment."

He smiles, "Okay. But don't be to hard on the punishment because she tried to help.."

"I grounded her for 3 weeks but she's a pretty good kid so I'll probably just cut the punishment short depending on how everything goes." I explain.

He wraps hos hands around my waist and smiles, "You're gonna be an amazing mom one day. You know that?"

I blush, "You'll be an amazing dad."

Adym lets go of me and lets everyone know breakfadt is ready. As everyone comes in and we all sit down, all I can think about is what he said.. Will I be a good mom? I mean will we last that long together??

Tbc....