Chapter 132

"Well" I mumble, "Your mom texted me when you guys first got here.. But she's probably really busy... I'm sure there's a good explanation as to why she's not answering.,

Reyna looks at me with these big puppy dog eyes, "So she hasn't asked about us at all?"

"Did they forget about us?" Jordan asks.

"No you guys they wouldn't forget about you guys" I try to reassure them.

"You guys how could you say that?! That's our parents!! They love us and provide us with so much. Right now they're dealing with some things so they're busy but that doesn't take away from how much they love us." Riley exclaims.

The kids nod and pet Pablo. Riley looks at me and whispers,

"Right?"

"They're just busy. Don't worry about it." I say.

Adym and Sawyer walk inside.

"So" Sawyer says, "Who's up for a movie tonight tonight?"

The kids get excited and nod happily.

"I'm thinking I take you guys out to grab a quick bite, then a movie and maybe lazer tag afterwards? Ya know if anyones up for it." Sawyer offers.

Reyna and Jordan begin jumping up and down while Riley asks about movies. As we walk outside, I lock the door while they continue walking. Adym waits for me so we can walk together.

"So" he says, "Sawyer said he can take them while we hang out and have a night to ourself."

I smile as we walk, "Sounds good. I feel like they don't get to spend time with Sawyer. They see him a lot and ya know they talk but not where it's just the four of them where they can all hang out with him and have fun."

"Yeah" Adym agrees, "I feel like everytime they hang out we're with them. This will be really fun with them."

After about ten minutes of walking we reach thr park. I sit down on the bench with Riley and watch the kids as the boys go to the basketball court.

"You don't wanna go play with your brother and sister?" I ask Riley.

"No.. Not really. I'd rather sit and watch." Riley responds.

I nod, "Look, about earlier, I want you to know that your mom and dad still love you, no matter what they'll love you. Just because they haven't called it doesn't mean they don't love you. They're just really busy sorting everything out."

Riley nods, "You're right.."

"Did you wanna call her?" I ask.

She smiles, "Can I really call them?!"

I nod, "Here, use my phone."

She takes me phone and dials the number. It rings a couple time's before she hears,

"Hello?"

A smile spreads across Riley's face, "Mom?"

"Hi Mom!!" Riley says, excited, "I just wanted to call and see how everything's going. We miss you so much but it's really fun living with Skylar and-"

Riley stops talking and her smile suddenly fades as she listens.

"Oh.." She mumbles..

"Not it's fine.." Riley's voice cracks, "Yeah.. Totally.. Um no just call this phone because my phone's dead so'"

She stops again before speaking, "Bye love you-"

She takes the phone away from her ear and looks at it. I look at the screen and see she hung up on her.

"So.." I say, "How's your mom?"

"Um.." Riley says, hesitating, "It's um.
She's fine.."

Riley looks down like she's about to cry before clearing her throat and continuing, "She ugh.. She had to go.. Her Lawyer was calling and ya know.. She had to hang up because she was really busy."

"Don't worry" I reassure her, "She'll call back."

Riley shrugs, "It's fine.. She's busy and you're going on tour anyway so it's no big deal.."

Silence fills the air as we sit and watch the kids.

"Wanna play basketball with the boys?" I offer.

She shakes her head, "No thanks. I think I'm gonna go sit under the tree over by the swings. It's getting kinda hot.."

I watch her as she walks off. That was a complete lie.. It's not even hot but I can understand how she feels.. She just wants space.. As Riley sits under the tree, I begin to think about what her life will be like at home with her dad gone.. Can she handle it? She's gonna have her younger siblings too and she hates crying in front of them..

I look over at the boys and see them looking at us. Sawyer points at Riley but it's hard to makeout what he's saying. But I know he's asking if she's okay. Adym pulls out his phone and texts me.

Adym: Is Riley okay?

Sky: She just really misses her mom that's all. I let her call her mom and she said she was busy and hung up on her.. I'm letting her be alone for a little bit to think

Adym: K... So are we leaving or can we finish the game?

Sky: Finish the game and we'll prolly head home. I know that hurt Riley so she just wants space but she should be fine later on

Adym puts away his phone and passes the ball to Sawyer before continuing the basketball game. As I sit on the bench I begin to daydream. A lots going on with Riley right now and when she gets home her dads gonna be home.. It's gonna be so hard for the kids. Will they be able to manage?

Tbc..