Chapter 109

Juvenile Hall

I'm sitting in a waiting cell/room waiting for someone to come and talk to me. Ten minutes pass and all I can think about is how I'm getting home. They won't let me go unless there's an adult with me. Though it's my first time being here I'm not scared. As I sit and wait I think about who I should call. They've asked for someone's number but I wouldn't give it to them. To be honest I dunno who to call.. Should I call Sawyer? Sawyers pretty cool about stuff but I dunno how he's gonna feel about this.. Adym? Yeah that'd be a great idea to call the person dating my cousin.. My thoughts are interrupted when a middle age police officer walks in.
She looks hard at me, trying to act tough but I've seen girls around Sacramento look tougher.

"So" she says, "I don't have a lot of time to waste so let's just end this all right here? Give me your parents number so I can call someone."

I sit there, straight faced, "My parent's aren't around."

"Fine. Let me rephrase that, give me your family's number. Who are you staying with?" She asks.

"That's my buisness." I reply.

"So You're 14 years old?" She clarifys.

I nod and she continues, "You're pretty strong willed. But I'm not here to play games. Who are you staying with and what's their number?"

I shrug and ask, "Where's my phone?"

"You'll get it when you call your family and when they come to get you." She explains.

I chuckle, "I can always get a new phone."

She slams her hands down on the table and I try not to jump as she says, "Listen. Do you wanna stay a few days here for being disrespectful?!"

I shrug.

She sighs and sits down, "Do you have siblings?"

I nod, "Two. Jordan and Reyna.."

She smiles, "Are you the oldest?"

I nod once again, "Yeah."

"I could tell. You're strong willed and you have something about you.. But if you wanna be able to be with your siblings then I suggest you tell me your family's number." She states.

I look down, thinking about it. Apparently I ran out of time because she sighs and stood up and left. She returns and sets the phone on the table in front of me, slightly out of reach. As I sit in the chair, still cuffed for what reason I don't know, I try to reach the phone but fail. Thinking I'm gonna be here for a while, I set my feet on the table and get comfortable. Suddenly, the door opens and the same police officer that took me here walks in.

"GET YOUR FEET OFF THE TABLE." He commands.

I do as he says and sit there looking at him with a straight face.

"Do you wanna stay the night here?" He asks, sternly.

I shake my head no.

"Then what's your family's number?" He questions.

"Look, I promise I won't do it again. Just don't call my family." I request.

He chuckles, "Why? Afraid you're gonne get punished? Not so tough now huh?"

"No. I don't care what happens to me." I say, "But I care about my family. They're going through a lot right now and I know if I call them then thats just gonna add more stress."

"Then why'd you get yourself here?" He asks.

"Because you had no reason to call my family. Besides, it's friday. How about we just end the day on a good note and just let me go and you won't ever see me again." I suggest.

"That's not how it works." He says, "Last chance kid. Dial the number for your parent or guardian otherwise you'll stay here tonight."

I consider it.. Stay the night here and call Sky in the morning and face her concerned and pissed off self or get it over with now? She'll be mad but not as mad if i don't call her tonight..

"Fine." I sigh.

He hands me the phone and I type in Skylars number and press call.

Skylars Pov

I'm unpacking boxes with the kids when I get a phone call from a number I don't know..

"Hello?" I answer.

The voice on the other end says, "Hello is this the parent or guardian of Riley Cortez?"

"Yeah.. What happened?" I ask.

"Can you please come pick up Riley at the Los Angeles Juvenile Hall?" He asks.

"What's wrong?! What happened? Is she okay?" I ask, concerned.

Sawyer hears the concern in my voice and walks into the living room while the kids watch me.

"Yes, she's fine. But we need you to come fill some papers out for her in order for her to leave the institute." He explains.

"I'm on my way." I say, hanging up.

"Are you okay?" Sawyer asks, concerned.

"I have to go get Riley. I don't really know what's going on.." I say.

"Need me to go?" He asks.

"No it's fine. Can you and Adym please just stay and watch the kids?" I ask.

He nods and I ask, "Where's Adym?"

"I think he's in the shower.." He replies.

I run upstairs and open the bathroom door to see Adym naked as he dries off.

He sees me and smirks, "Hey Babygirl."

"Babe I gotta go get Riley. I'll be back soon." I say, panicked.

"Babygirl, what's wrong?" He asks.

"I don't know! I got a call that I need to go pick Riley up at Juvenile Hall." I explain.

"What?!" Adym says, "I'm going."

"Baby I can do this." I reply.

He shakes his head, "No. I'm going. I don't want anything to happen to you. Sawyer can watch Reyna and Jordan and I'll go with you."

"Okay but hurry up and get dressed. I gotta leave now." I say, panicking.

Adym hurries and dries off before throwing on some joggers and his white What's Gucci hoodie. We quickly walk downstairs and get in the car to go get Riley...

Tbc..

Sorry I didn't update last night, I have a lot of homework due but ayeeee I'm on spring break now so um.. Yeah.. But in 2 weeks i leave for LA but imma try and be active.