Writingmas - Day 9!

Sherlock oneshot- mince pies

The countdown to Christmas was well underway. Your little apartment tree briskly twinkled through the dark evenings and glistenings of frost had begun to creep up at the windows in the early morning sunlight. You were all sorted out and ready for the holiday to begin. Christmas, however, is a little different with Sherlock because when others 'deck the halls' you just dream of decking him!
"Sherlock! Christmas is not pointless... It's a time to spend with family and friends" you protested as he mumbled arguments at you while he stared out the window which was heavy set with condensation.
"I have to disagree (y/n). Christmas is merely a façade set up by big industrial companies in an attempt to sell grotesque ornaments and bits of shiny plastic!"
You placed your head in your hands and sighed, taking a moment to calm and compose yourself.
"Sherlock... I'm just feeling a little rough... We are inviting people over if it kills you so please just try to enjoy yourself!"
He continued staring into the gloom of the London streets for a brief moment before replying
"Fine... "
"Good. I need you to go to the shops for me"
"Boring"
"Sherlock!"
He rolled his eyes and pushed himself away from the window with limp limbs which possessed a sort of childish exaggeration to which you became extremely annoyed. You wandered over and grabbed a list off the countertop to give to him. On doing so, he rolled his eyes again.
"Mince pies? Why is the most important thing mince pies?" He asked you in disgust as he shoved the list into his trouser pocket. You folded your arms and said

"They're for tonight, we can't expect people to go hungry can we?"

"Well they will if Mycroft comes... He'll probably eat the lot..."

"Sherlock. Be nice to your brother!"

"Why should I?"

"He's family Sherlock... Your brother and my brother in law!"

"He's still fat and irritating..."

"SHERLOCK!!"

"Sorry.."

"Just because you are below average doesn't make him fat. Stop being mean! You wouldn't call me fat."

"Ah yes, but you see darling that is because you aren't."

"Oh I give up with you... Just go to she shops."

He muttered as he grabbed his coat off the stand and flung it elegantly over his shoulders and let it fall across his lean frame.
"I shall return" he stated as he closed the flat door with a click.

-- half an hour later --

Sherlock re entered the apartment, now brandishing a large flimsy plastic bag containing various party elements. You kindly took the bag from him and smiled
"There. Wasn't that hard was it?" You said patronisingly as he furrowed his brow, obviously displeased.
"I got you some mince pies.. Happy now?"
You looked at him and sincerely smiled
"Yes Sherlock... Thank you... I don't know what I'd do without you"
He paced towards you softly, rested his hands down on your shoulders and swayed slightly, pulling you into a hug. He lowered his head until his luxurious mop of curls tickled your forehead and made you blush.
"Come on Sherlock, people will be coming soon, help me put some things on plates" you chirped sweetly as he released you from his arms and helped you get things down off shelves in the kitchen.
"Sherlock... What are you doing?"
"Nothing..." He mumbled in response
"You're eating a mince pie aren't you?"
He looked across at you and smiled cheekily
"I just want one before myself arrives"
"Oh Sherlock..."
You shook your head whilst giggling and finished setting up. You just couldn't stop smiling...