Writingmas - Day 14!

Greg oneshot- early present...

On the run up to Christmas, you had been so unutterably excited, you literally had been bouncing off the walls an fits of ecstatic energy. It was now getting sooo close! Only 11 days to go and you were beginning to drive Greg a little insane.
"Sweet pea..." Greg sighed as he rubbed his eyes tiredly in a circular motion with his middle and index fingers.
"I know that you are excited but you are exhausting me! I have to work up until Christmas Eve and this time in the evenings is really the only free time I'll have until then"
As he said this, you're face dropped and took the form of a much more saddened and sympathetic expression.
"I'm sorry Greg.... I... I.. Just can't help it. Christmas is one of the happiest childhood memories I have. I'll try to tone it down."
Greg instantly noticed your slowing of pace and had a change of heart... He rose from his leather bound chair and wandered over to the spare room for a brief minute. On returning, nothing had changed, only now, he was handling a wrapped package; about the size of a large shoe box.
"What's this?" You asked unsurely, your eyes widening and flickering with sudden curiosity.
"Well... Seen as you so excited, I guess it can't hurt for you to open one of your gifts now..." He smiled genuinely as he handed you the large-ish box. You carefully unthreaded the ribbon and removed the colourful lid, only to be met by the gaze of the most gorgeous teddy bear you had ever seen! It had chocolatey brown fur with lighter coloured patches on its paws and stomach. large, round, glass eyes which seemed to smile through their lifeless shell, tufted ears which flopped down at the side of its head, a pink satin nose and a funky little green, silk bow tie which adorned it's fluffy neck. You scooped your hands under its furriness and gently lifted it out of the box.
"He's beautiful..." You whispered as you inspected the bear further. On doing so, you discovered a little embroidered message underneath its left foot.

'Even when the dark comes crashing through, when you need a friend to carry you, and when you're broken on the ground, you will be found...'

"Oh my gosh babe! I love it!!" You rushed over to your boyfriend and gave him a sincere, tight hug as tears began to roll down your face.
"I'm glad you like him" he replied softly into your ear as he kissed you on the cheek. The bear was perfect... Greg was perfect... Everything was perfect...
----------------------------------------------

A/n- ok, the ending was a bit cheesy 😂 but I hope everyone appreciates the reference I slid in there. If you got it I instantly love you (but not because we're gay, we're close but not that way)