Writingmas - Day 8

John oneshot - noisy neighbours 

You were sat in your usually peaceful flat, with your knees brought up to your chest and hands over your ears in dissatisfaction and desperation. The walls of the small living-room appeared to vibrate. Photos were quivering, cushions were sliding and your head was aching. Your neighbour was listening to his music (and so it seemed, was the rest of the apartment block). 'Lead Zeppelin' ricochet through your body and you couldn't take it anymore
"John, I hate this! Please, do something!" You were so unutterably annoyed and sleep deprived by this point, you couldn't see his slowly building anger intensify. John made an attempt to calm himself down by trying to settle you:
"(Y/n), it's probably going to stop by midnight but if you can't stop shaking, lean back, let it move right through you... Try to zone it out..."
"But I CAN'T John!"
He sighed, roughly and pounded, with the ferocity of a bear, on the wall connecting the two flats. As another hour dragged past -still preventing you from gaining the privilege of sleep- and you could see his anger begin to show more visibly; burning and bubbling on his skin like vitriol.
"That's it! I'm going over!" He announced, like a general leading an army of troops over the trenches into battle. You smiled wearily at him, half-relieved, half-scared at what he was about to do or say to your unsuspecting neighbour. Your door slammed shut and a minute later, you heard a clean definition of your boyfriend's voice trough the thin wall...
"Ok mate, I have had it up to here with your ridiculous rock anthems! My beautiful girlfriend is trying to get some sleep and you are not exactly being helpful!!"
You blushed as he spoke, you had no idea that a compliment shouted through a brick wall would have more feeling behind it than one uttered face to face. After a few more muffled, enraged bursts, the flat fell silent and you let out a tear of relief. When John re entered your flat, he was met by your arms flung about his neck.
"Thank you John, thank you, thank you, thank you!!" You grinned, your face pressed against his chest "that noise was driving me insane..."

"Well, it was my pleasure. Sorry I got so angry..."

"Oh, it's fine! I was touched by the compliment by the way..." You blushed again.

"Oh, it was nothing. Just the truth" he smiled back cheekily as he kissed your forehead. "Now, come on beautiful, time you got some rest." You nodded with weary agreement as he carried you to bed.
"Goodnight sweetie" he whispered, pulling the plush, grey duvet up over you both and kissing your cheek.
"Goodnight John... Love youuuu"
"I love you too."