Writingmas - Day 17

John oneshot - It's totally freezing!

As you sat, huddled up on your little sofa, waiting for John to get home, your body shivered. As you exhaled, you could see your own breath dancing round in the air like a sprite suspended in space. Your knees, touching your chest, quivered back and forth giving you a feeling of uneasiness. The boiler had broken and you had run out of firewood... So, for the past four hours, you had simply been curled up under a shroud of blankets built up like a hive. Each one, however, was as ineffective as the last. As you wiggled your toes uncomfortably, you could feel thick, itchy, woollen socks rub against your ankles making your body tingle unpleasantly. As you pulled up the last blanket in a futile attempt to gain some warmth, you heard soft, heavy footsteps climb their way up the stairs.
"John!" You croaked at him, smiling widely as he opened the door. All he could see was your little head and toes poking out from layer after layer of fuzzy blankets. It looked as if you had been flattened by a stack of multicoloured pancakes.
"Cold are you?" John chuckled, setting his bag down at the doorframe and joining you on the sofa.
"Yes John!" You nithered "it's totally freezing in here!! The heating is broken and I couldn't make a fire... I'm too cold to get up."
John smiled warmly at you as he placed a hand on your exposed forehead.
"You do seem a little chillier than normal... Do you feel unwell?..."

"I... I guess a little, yeah..."

"I'll make you some tea"

"Oh, I don't want to cause a fuss." You blushed under your blanket fortress.

"It's no trouble" John smiled again, kissing your forehead before disappearing into the kitchen. He emerged, five minutes later, with a cup of tea and an absolutely huge jumper. It was cream with royal blue horizontal stripes. It also had buttons down the front like a cardigan but unlike a cardigan, they were non-functional.
"Here" John chimed sweetly, the caring nature of his voice instantly soothing you. He handed you the jumper which you placed over your read and wiggled vivaciously to get it down under all the blankets. He then handed you the cup of tea and smiled as he sat himself by your side (or as close as he could get to you anyway. The many, many blankets you laid beneath created a soft barrier between you both). As you cradled the mug in your hands, smiling deeply, you looked over a John:
"Aren't you cold?" You investigated as he brought his own mug to his lips.
"No, not really... All this running around after Sherlock means I have to get used to the cold! He will chase a criminal through anything... Snow, ice sleet. I've dealt with it all..."
He chuckled internally to himself as he stared into his brew, the browny-beige colour stared back at him with disdain.
"Well... Are you warming up yet?" He asked you, setting the two empty mugs on the coffee table.
"Yes Thant you, John" you beamed joyfully as you felt a heat creep into you from your throat. As John leaned over to embrace you, the warmth soon spread to your heart, bubbling in your chest as your lips collided. He slipped his hands under your blanket, cradling you with one hand behind your back and the other over your legs. He had practically pulled you onto his lap by now.
"Thank you john..." You cooed as your head raised and fell with his chest.
"For what?"

"You know, just...Being there...Always"

"I'll always be here sweetie... Anything you need, I will do for you. You have no idea how lucky I feel to have you."

"You really mean that?..."

"Of course I do! Why wouldn't I?..."

"I don't know... It's just... My biggest fear is that, one day, you'll realise you're too good for me... And leave"
John rocked you on his knee a little and raised his eyebrows, shocked by what he just heard pass your lips.

"(Y/n). Listen to me. You are THE best thing that has ever happened to me. I will NEVER walk out on you. D'you hear me? Hmm?..."
He attempted to make eye contact but you looked away, blushing, a little knocked back by the weight of the compliment.
"Thank you John. I love you so much"
"I love you too (y/n), more than words can say..."