Writingmas - Day 13

John oneshot - The lazy morning

You grinned warmly as you felt the yellow light of morning flooding its way under your drowsy eyelids. The room was strangely bright for a winters morning; the crystallised snow was sending refracted beams of light in through the window like diamonds. You shuffled upright slightly, leaning on your elbows; the weight of your body pressing softly against the springs and foam of the mattress below. Your movement caused John to stir slightly and, seeing this, you decided to pry into his state of consciousness by giving him a little kiss on the cheek. He returned this gesture by grinning childishly and sliding further underneath the down duvet.
"Come on John, I know you are awake now... It's time to get up..."
You spoke softly as you placed your hand on his body (still under the duvet) and rubbed it, stroking his masculine but tired shoulder as he yawned. He turned himself over to face you before retorting:
"Nooo...."
He mumbled this through the white sheets, nuzzling his face into your side and hugging your warm hips in protest. Although he was technically smaller than average, he was strong and the feeling of his arms around you -even in bed- made you feel protected from all the pain the outside world could ever throw in your direction. You rolled your eyes and faux-sighed with lethargic exaggeration as you pulled the duvet back up over yourself once more and laid right beside him, your noses scarcely touching.
"You want a lazy morning don't you?..." Your cooed as you laid a hand on his warm chest.
"That would be nice" he smiled back, still half-asleep, pulling you into a hazy embrace. The feeling of his body against yours made you shiver slightly despite the fact that his skin was terrifically warm. He spread his fingers, tracing his hands over the contours of your body, and kissed your daintily on the lips.
"Well good morning to you too" you chuckled in response, before kissing him again.

----------------------------------------------
A/n- sorry this part is so short, I am RAPIDLY running out of ideas for these. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated 😅 I only need like 12 more!