Writingmas - Day 23

Moriarty oneshot - early Xmas gift

Your body was warm and still as Jim stroked your hair. He had a slight air of possessiveness over you which did not alarm your character, merely excited it. The twinkling, blood-red lights in the tree strobed and quivered like sniper spots aimed from an inexperienced hand. The light caught your eyes, making them glisten like the surface of an undisturbed swimming pool. As you yawned sleepily, Jim glanced down at your face, stroking two fingers gently across your warm cheek.
"Getting sleepy, kitten?" He asked with a treacle-like suaveness that oozed into your ears and drowned your senses. You nodded, fatigued, and rolled onto your side burying your face into his temperate stomach. Moriarty laid his arm across your back and rubbed it gently, putting pressure on the nape of your waist as he traced its concave bend.
"Well... I have a surprise for you kitten..." He cooed softly, pushing your shoulder and making you roll back onto his knees so that you faced the ceiling once more.
"What it it?" You whispered

"That would be telling..."

"Jim, please, I'm not a toddler..."

"I know. I just thought you'd want to open a present early that's all..."

You contemplated the proposal for a brief moment before agreeing childishly
"Okay!"

Jim smiled. Suddenly, an overwhelming sense of confusion flooded over your body. Jim was fidgeting... His hands moved, his eye ticked and tiny beads of perspiration had formed on his forehead.
"Are you okay Jim? You pried, sitting up and placing a hand on his shoulder.
"Hmm? Oh, yes, yes!" He replied as if snapping out of some sort of trance. "Come with me, your gift is in the bedroom..."

"Ooooooh!...." You grinned as you made the childish noise and Jim firmly grasped your hand and lead you upstairs. I say lead you, it wasn't far from a fully-fledged drag. As you reached the top of the stairs, Jim released his grip on your hand and went to open the bedroom door. It creaked as it swung open and he flicked on the bedside lamp light, illuminating the room like a lighthouse tower. He kicked his shoes off before leaping up into the bed (for not wanting to dirty your Westwood sheets) and produced a neatly wrapped box from behind his pillow. The gift was barely bigger than a shoebox and the ribbon which bound it appeared to be inlayed with actual gold. You grinned as he placed it in your hands. He sat back, giddily, like a child who had just presented their parents with a crudely drawn crayon 'masterpiece'. You bit your lip and pulled on the loose end of the ribbon and removed the lid, placing it beside you on the bed. Inside the box was a bear. Not a large bear, but a bear nonetheless. It was from Harrods... The damn thing probably cost him a fortune!
"Oh Jim! It's beautiful! I love it!" You hugged the creature with an intense passion and care.
"Actually, (y/n), it's not just a bear... Do you remember out first assassination together?..."
You looked at him, confused once again:
" yes, of course! I stabbed him in the base of his spine... It was magical..."
Moriarty smiled, reminiscing with a feeling of warm nostalgia.
"Yes... Well... Check it's spine..." He urged as you flipped the bear over. As you slid your fingers down it's fuzzy back, you felt a little hole appear. You bit your lip as you stuck your fingers into the little pocket and pulled out a small, hard object. You froze instantly. The object... Was a ring...

"I know what your thinking... It's me we are talking about! You were  expecting fireworks! Lasers! Probably a death or two! But... At the and of the day... I love you and... It doesn't matter how I do it, it's your answer that counts..."
Your eyes filled with tears as you were unable to bring your attention away from the ring. Jim inhaled and exhaled so deeply that you were afraid his own lungs were about to appear at the top of his throat.

"(Y/n)... Will you marry me?.."

You nodded profusely, lunging forward and clasping your arms round him like a python strangling its prey.
"Yes! Yes! Of course I will Jim!!!" Tears were streaming down your face now and the bear rolled off the bed onto the floor. Jim managed to sit up just enough to take the ring and slide it onto your shaky finger. It glistened under the light like a crystal ball.
"Oh my god Jim! I love you so much right now!..."
You pressed forward, interlocking your lips with his and shoving the bedside lamp off the table, shattering the bulb and plunging you both into an unsure darkness.
"Well..." Jim purred "I think we know what happens next..."
You giggled as you pulled the covers up over yourselves for a night of marital bliss...