Writingmas - Day 10

Mycroft oneshot - the juice cleanse

It was 8:30, Saturday morning in the house you shared with Mycroft. The gentle humming on the toaster accompanied the noises of blade on wood as you chopped up an apple on the marble counter. Mycroft meandered into the kitchen, smiling at you as he spoke
"Good morning (y/n), sleep well?"
You grinned from ear to ear as you tipped the apple pieces into the juicer
"Yes, thank you Mycroft". You jumped slightly in the golden light of the kitchen as the toast popped up and out of the machine. "That's yours" you stated, not taking your eyes off the chopping board which was now littered with pieces of crudely diced kiwi. Mycroft stepped forward and sighed,
"You're not still doing that stupid juice detox thing?". He raised his eyebrows and folded his arms, hoping that you of all people would know better. A magazine lay next to him in the counter and as he scanned the cover, the main headline was:

'LOSE 10 POUNDS IN A WEEK WITH THE ALL NEW TROPICAL JUICE!!!'

Mycroft sighed and placed his head in his hands. He moved closer to you and engaged eye contact before explaining.
"(Y/n)... How often do I have to tell you this? You do not have to lose any weight. You are absolutely perfect... Drinking blended fruit all day does not 'cleanse' anything. All it does is provides your system with copious amounts of natural sugars which will inevitably make you crash when y-"

"Mycroft! It's fine. Stop worrying! I know what I'm doing, I watched a YouTube video..." You interrupted him and pressed a slightly sticky finger against his pursed lips. "And anyway, losing a little weight never hurt anyone..." You stuck your tongue between your teeth slightly, in concentration, as you tried to work out how to effectively remove the seed from a mango without injuring yourself. A few flourishes from your knife later, you were done. You clumsily placed the lid onto the blender and stood, marvelling your handiwork. There were chunks of apple, kiwi, mango, orange, peach and strawberries sitting in the blender waiting to be pulsed. The lid, however, looked somewhat precarious.

"Precious... I implore you to reconsider"

"I'm fine Mycroft!"

"No, really, I think..."

"I've got it! It's alright!"

"I really think you should check the-"

"I'm doing it anyway!!"

You firmly pressed your finger down onto the juicer's 'on' button as Mycroft winced and stepped back. After a few seconds, the wobbling lid burst off, sending a jet of sweet, sticky, syrupy liquid into the air and all over your face and torso.
"GAHH!!" You shrieked as you felt the cold beverage seep down into your bra.
You turned off the juicer and wiped the orange concoction out of your eyes wearily. Mycroft fought with himself to conceal the smile that so baldly wanted to creep onto his lips. He retained composure nonetheless.
"I was trying to warn you... The lid wasn't on properly..."
"Yeah... Got that... Thanks myc..."
He looked at you with large, sympathetic eyes as your bottom lip began to tremble.
"Oh, come here you..." He gestured his arms outwards, pulling you into a tropical embrace. He brought his arms round your waist and pressed you gently against the counter. You could feel the cold marble edge pushing ever so slightly into the centre of your spine. You bit your lip as he kissed the crook of your neck, his warm breath made you tingle all the way down to your legs and then back up to your brain. He kissed you lightly on the forehead and then rested his head against yours.
"Please don't do this (y/n)... Juice cleanses are not effective, they just cause more trouble."
You smiled subtly at him, wiping the juice off your face and letting it drip through your warm fingers.
"Really Mycroft?..."
"Really... I love you (y/n), and I don't want you to damage yourself... Losing 10 pounds in a week is not only unachievable but also unsafe... I would never forgive myself if something were to happen to you."
You held onto him tighter as his hands caressed your waist.
"Let's just have a cup of tea instead" you proposed, grinning.
"Sounds lovely" Mycroft smiled back as you both glistened with love (and juice) in the morning glow flooding into the kitchen...