Sherlock - cooking

For the past five hours, Sherlock had been sat, cross legged, on his armchair. His steepled fingers were positioned under his chin and the gentle whispers of his breathing continued at regular intervals preventing an absolute silence from settling. You knew he was bored. There hadn't been a case in over three days and he was slowly going insane.
"Sherlock?..." You asked, softly, noticing that his closed eyelids flickered slightly at the disturbance.
"Sherlock." You tried again. Slightly louder. Nothing...
"SHERLOCK!" You shouted suddenly, making him jump up from the chair and land on his knees upon the carpet below him. You could sense the look of displeasure from his gaze digging into you but you still found it hilarious.
"Sherly, I know you're bored... Do you want to do something?"
"Humph..." He grunted childishly
"Oh come on! Stop being a baby, get up and DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR WIFE!"
Sherlock was taken aback by your firmness of tone but, sure enough, he got up and loomed in front of you, stroking your fringe out of your eyes with his bony fingers making you grin a little.
"What do you suggest?" He muttered suavely.
"Well... I was thinking... It is always either me or Mrs Hudson who makes dinner sooo....?" You urged him to finish your sentence
"Sooo? What?" He he asked, not catching on.
"SO! Would you like to help me make dinner tonight? It'll be fun!"
Sherlock furrowed his brow, narrowed his eyes and pressed his lips together tightly in thought. He then proceeded to take a step further to you, snake his arms round your waist and legs, lifted you up and carried you into the kitchen where he placed you down on a chair.
"I'll take that as a yes Mr Holmes?"
You said, flustered and blushing slightly at the unannounced contact.
"Spaghetti?" You suggested
"Sounds good" he smiled back

After a few minutes of gathering ingredients, you told Sherlock to start cooking the pasta while you chopped vegetables to go into the sauce.
"Where does this thing go then?" He asked, wielding the long pasta packet like a sword.
"In the pan on the stove"
He nodded and smiled sarcastically as you asked
"Think you can handle it?"
"Don't patronise me (y/n)"
You shook your head and chuckled to yourself as you began dicing carrots into cubes. There was an unusual amount of clattering behind you but you forced yourself not to look, you wanted to know if he could actually do it without your assistance.

Five minutes later, you began to register an immense burning smell coming from the stove, Sherlock scratched the back of his head awkwardly
"Ummm... (Y/n)? Is it supposed to turn black?"
"Black?!?" You repeated, giving up, spinning on your heel to look into the cooking pot Sherlock had been slaving over. What you saw left you laughing until your sides burned.
"Sh-sherlo..Sherlock!..." You inhaled deeply before trying again "Sherlock, you have to pu-p-put WATER IN THE PASTA!!!" You actually began to physically cry at this point, you wiped tears from your eyes as you chest spasmed with laughter. All the while, Sherlock was turning redder and redder.
"Well... WELL I DIDN'T KNOW DID I?" He retorted defensively "I've never done this before! (Y/n)! Stop- stop laughing! It's not funny!"
Eventually, you managed to compose yourself enough to turn off the stove and tip the blackened spaghetti into the bin.
"Oh Sherlock... I'm sorry"
You smiled innocently at him and held your arms out to receive an embrace. He sighed and gave one, pulling you into his chest (his heart still beating rapidly from the trauma of burning something by accident, not in purpose like he usually does) and placing his chin on the top of your head. You felt the mood lift slightly into a calmer tone and you pulled your arms tighter round his sides, extending your fingers to caress his spine gently.
"I'm sorry Sherlock... I forget that, even though you are probably one of the most intelligent people in Britain, you don't know some things that other people take for granted. I should have told you how to do it before we started..."
Sherlock leaned back slightly, allowing his gaze to fall upon your slightly tear- reddened face. His eyes reassured you while he spoke.
"I suppose it's a useful skill to have. I take too much for granted too... I thought meals just sort of happened but..." He raised his eyebrows and squeeze your shoulders, "there is work behind everything and that work has to be appreciated... I... l- love you (y/n)"
Your eyes welled again "oh Sherlock!" You nuzzled you face back into his chest and dampened his shirt with your happy tears. You parted after about a minute of sweet embrace and sat down at the wooden table, still surrounded by spaghetti smoke. You gazed down at the board of carrots you had prepared.
"Well... I guess it's diced carrots for tea then..."
----------------------------------------------
A/n- hey guys! This was kind of just a funny little filler chapter, I will publish a longer one next time. Also, sorry for the long wait, I've just put off writing a lot lately but I'll try to upload soon! 😅
Thanks for staying with me and also, thank you to any new followers who have just found my book, I hope you feel welcome!

Oke bye xxx