Kidnapped - Sherlock oneshot

Sherlock-
The last thing you remembered before passing out was the strong smell of your wet nail varnish being replaced with that of isoflurane and the feeling of a cloth being thrust roughly up against your lips...

You awoke in an unknown location (a bad place for anyone to awake in) and all you could hear was the metronomic dripping of water from a pipe somewhere in the distance. The floor was cold concrete and you couldn't see any walls for the darkness was too intense. This time, you were in a warehouse. From seemingly nowhere, a voice broke the almost silence.
"Didn't go down with much of a fight did you darl?... No... One sniff of that isoflurane and you were good as gone"
Instantly, you recognised the smooth Irish twang and the sarcastic comment. Moriarty. Your hands had been bound by your sides and your whole body was tied to the chair you sat on. Bravely, you replied:
"You smeared my nail varnish you git"
This comment was met by a laugh which, honestly, made you nervous but you weren't going to give him the pleasure of showing that. After a few more seconds of dripping silence, you spoke again:
"Sherlock is probably on his way here already, you can't keep me forever"
Eerily, a figure stepped out of the shadows to reveal its suited silhouette
"Oh, I'm counting on it" the outline spoke grimly, making a chilling pang of guilt shoot through your chest. Sherlock was in real danger here... And it's because of you...

Half an hour passed with nothing but the water droplets accompanying your shallow breathing. Finally, after what felt like a decade for you, the sound of familiar footsteps began to emerge from the ringing silence. You kept absolutely rigid. You knew that Moriarty was listening so you didn't speak, you just waited for the footsteps to get closer.
"(Y/n)?" You heard a murmured whisper come from your right and you instantly twisted your head round to look.
"Sherlock!" You whispered back, slightly annoyed "what are you doing! You can't just be out in he open! He'll see you!"
Suddenly, the silence was shattered again.
"Yes Mr Holmes, I really hoped you'd be less stupid this time. I know you've got me surrounded by the police, you always do that. Quite predictable actually... But I'm not..."
Sherlock's face was drained of it's colour and settled a crisp white. His hands began to tremble as he knelt by your side and gazed hopelessly at your face.
"What?" You asked worriedly.
A single red dot lay quivering in the centre of your forehead. The mark of death.
"All I have to do is give the word Mr Holmes. Although, it would be such a waste to ruin such a pretty head..." Moriarty sneered with glee through the darkness and Sherlock began to think.
"Umm... Sherlock, any ideas??"
You were frantic now, beads of sweat magnified the freckles on your skin as they trickled along your cheeks and he bridge if your nose. They mingled with tears and fell into your lap, dampening your jeans.
"(Y/n), I have an idea. Do you trust me?"
Shaking violently now, all you could do was nod your head as he rose from his knee and stood directly in front of you.
"Ok Moriarty. Now I'm your target. You shoot her, you shoot me first."
"Sherlock no!" You pleaded, but he stayed stock still.
"Mr Holmes, this is too easy. You know I hate an easy game."
"I know you do... Shoot me"

"Oh, you want a fight do you?

"No... All you have to do is shoot me"

"What?"

"You heard me. Shoot."

"I...I will! Don't think I won't."

"I have no doubt about it."

There was silence.

"What's wrong Jim? Am I breaking the rules?"

"I...you... You can't-"

"I'm waiting Jim... I'm right here... An easy target!"

"I...I... FINE! Take her! Seb let her go!"

He turned in his heel, frustrated and ran through the blackness disappearing past the circle of police which surrounded the Building. The red dot vanished. Sherlock's chest loosened with a sigh of relief and he instantly turned to untie you. Your face was stained with tears. You had been kidnapped before but this was by far the most traumatic experience you'd ever had.
"Are you ok?" Sherlock asked you seriously, without eye contact, as he fiddled with the knot at your waist
"Sherlock! Don't worry about me! You just stood in front of a g-"
"I SAID are you ok..." He began shouting but broke down in tears half way through. His head sank and rested on your knees and you stroked your fingers through his hair after managing to wiggle out of the remaining restraints which bound your arms.
"Sherlock?" You whispered gently; he was still crying. He looked up at you and cupped your face with his quivering hands. As the final knot fell away, you stood and sealed him into a passionate embrace until your arms physically hurt from the effort.
"How on earth did you know he wouldn't shoot you?"
"Well... I didn't exactly..."
"SHERLOCK?!"
"Well, OK, I had a suspicion... Moriarty has kidnapped you five times in the last year. It's like a game. A twisted game where he hides you and I come get you. It's basically hide and seek with guns. You see, without me, his 'game' doesn't work. As much as he hates to admit it... He NEEDS me."
As ridiculous as it seemed, his explanation made total sense but to be honest, you were just glad your boyfriend wasn't dead.
"Well... You need to stop risking your life for me ok?"
His eyebrows furrowed for a moment and he replied solemnly
"Why on earth would I do that when you are the only thing I live for?"
At that, the waterworks started again. You grabbed hold of his turned-up coat collar and pulled his body towards you, connecting his lips softly with yours. Your heart jumped up into your throat and beat louder than the dripping pipe behind you. When your lips finally parted, all you could murmur was
"I love you Sherlock.."

His response?...

"I would die for you (y/n)"

----------------------------------------------
A/n- please let me know if you want me to do one of these for any of the other characters. Sorry this chapter is only short but I was not struck by any major inspiration whilst I wrote it 😅