Sherlock oneshot - the boy

A/n - i really like the idea of this chapter, please let me know if you want one for any other character 😊
----------------------------------------------

Sherlock-

It was the usual thursday evening in early summer. The sky outside had begun to display pale pink whisps amongst the blueness as the sun bowed, the trees cast towering molten shadows across the london paths and Sherlock was squatting over the coffee table sifting through papers. You could do nothing but sit back and revell in his brilliance. Every now and then, you would see a flicker in his eyes. A glimmer of excitement. A flash like someone trying to fix a string of fairy lights by adjusting the bulbs in a specific way untill everything lined up and glowed brilliantly. The warmth that seeped through the appartment surpressed your appetite. Your pallette was cloyed with the humidity so all you could manage was a glass of orange squash before a sickness rose in your throat. Sherlock wasn't hungry either (surprise, surprise) as he was too engrossed in his work. What happened next, however, neither of you could predict. Not even Sherlock's deductions could have made a reading...

At 4:00, the usual time, yours and Sherlock's 17 year old daughter was heard tapping her way up the stairs to the apartment. She seemed to be walking slower than normal -but that was to be expected because of the heat- and entered the apartment rather timidly to say the least.

"Ah, hi Dylan" you chirped, making eye contact with your daughter and smiling widely. When she only shuffled a few feet into the room, Sherlock stirred.

"Dylan, what's wrong? You seem... Tense." Sherlock's low voice pried as Dylan tucked a few strands of her long, unruly locks behind her ear. You watched as she inhaled deeply and appeared to exhale an ocean of nerves.

"Mum... Dad..." She spoke clearly, annunciating every syllable in an attempt to flatten her jitters (it didn't work) "This..." She reached her hand behind the door, grabbed hold of something and proceeded to pull a boy from behind the oak frame "is Oscar..."

Sherlock froze as he analysed him. His eyes quivering and his brain whirring as he took in every last adornment and detail the boy possessed. Oscar was older than your daughter, 19, and he was also considerably taller. Sherlock correctly guessed about 5'10. The boy had long awkward limbs and was thin despite having soft features and permanently pink tinted cheeks. His hands and ankles were littered with freckles, as was his nose and it gave him a certain cuteness that contrasted against his intimidating height. Sherlock exhaled with a long, exaggerated fashion and made a popping noise with his lips before inevitably deducing...

"So, Oscar, I see your mother is a hair stylist and your father works I a library. You have a reasonable income but I can only assume from the fake designer watch you want to be accepted amongst your upper class peers. Your have two siblings, both brothers who are very well built leaving you insecure about your stature, not to worry though... I share the same frame and it has never lead me wrong as yet. Your cats name is-"

"DAD! STOP! WHY DO YOU DO THIS?! YOU ALWAYS DO THIS!!"

Dylan shouted before taking Oscar's hand, apologising profusely, and leading him back down the stairs "I told you it would be a bad idea for you to meet my parents..." She muttered almost inaudibly from the hallway.
As the door swung shut, you glared at your husband.

"Not good?" He shrugged

"But not good, yeah." You shook your head at him but you couldn't anger for some reason.

You rose from your chair and perched yourself into the arm of the seat Sherlock had slouched backwards into. You ran one hand through his hair and then kissed his forehead.

"What am I going to do with you Mr Holmes?..." You sighed, placing your hand on his knee as he looked up with a mixture of apology and guilt behind his eyes. "Don't worry, I'll text her. She can come back when she's ready. I like him. He seems nice."

"I like him too..." Sherlock whispered, tracing circles across the top of your hand. "And it's only the first one... I need to get used to this, it's almost never the first one..."

----------------------------------------------
A/n- I only have 1 exam left!!! Woohooo!!!! Pray for me children ❤
Also, sorry again for my infrequent chapters. I hope you liked this one...