Writingmas - Day 2!

John oneshot - icing for beginners

It was a chilly December night and rain tapped sorrowfully at the window panes as you and John snuggled together on the sofa. You smiled wholesomely as you embraced, your soft curves rested gently against his strong legs which made you happy in a muted kind of way. You had surrounded yourselves with pillows so you sat, centralised, in a plush little fortress of plump feathers and brushed cotton. Your hand were interlinked by the fingers and his thumb stroked the back of your hand softly, giving you a sense of security and trust. The television fizzled and glowed through the darkness of the living room as a re-run of 'The Great British Bake Off' aired on channel 4. You kissed John's cheek as he fought back a laugh.
"What's so funny?" You pouted, trying to look as over exaggerated as physically possible.
"It's these bakers!" He chuckled with a sense of self admiration "just look at them. They can't even ice a biscuit!"
You rubbed his shoulder and pulled yourself closer to the side of his body, closing your eyes as you took in his angelic warmth.
"Well, they are under a lot of pressure John!"
He rolled his eyes sarcastically, gesturing for you to shuffle closer still and perch on his knee. You laid your body across his legs and let out a sudden shriek as he dug his fingers gently into your sides, tickling you until your eyes watered and your diaphragm ached from contracting so violently.
"Come on John! CUT IT OOUUUUT!!"
You squawked as you tried desperately to gasp for air.
"Sorry." He said, laughing uncontrollably. He released you.
"In all seriousness though (y/n), I reckon I could do better than these amateurs!" He glanced back at the Tv again, noticing one woman shakily squeezing her piping bag so hard that it burst and sent a jet of vanilla goop straight down the side of Noel Fielding's shirt.
"Ok then... Let's have a mini competition." You proposed cheekily "we buy some biscuits and icing and use one hour to produce the best ten biscuit designs each!" You grinned wider as you contemplated the idea.
"Sherlock can come upstairs and judge them."
John have you a long, considering, look before finally replying:
"Ok (y/n), your on!"

- one boring shopping trip later -

The spread laid out on your kitchen table was legendary. Glorious gel food colourings were set out in rainbow order; piping bags were set up and ready; and ten identical biscuits were lined up like ships in a gingery battalion in front of you. You set a timer on your phone and placed it on the marble counter behind you.
"Ok John... 3...2...1... GO!!"

The table became a flurry of hands and icing tools. John instantly selected a blue and green gels and produced a rather fetching turquoise colour to act as a base for his biscuits. As he coated each one, you had opted for the more dainty approach. You had carefully rolled out a flat sheet of Royal modelling icing in the colour red and we're now intricately piping on golden bows and regal swirly patterns.
"Shit!" You heard John shout, and when you looked up, you could see why... His piping bag had exploded, just like the lady's on Tv had! You instantly dropped the cookie you were working on and fell about in hysterics. His hands and jumper were now slathered with turquoise icing which began to melt fast on contact with his warm skin.
"Truce?..." John stated, defeatedly, waving a white, empty piping bag in the air. You walked round the table and scraped what icing you could off his front before giving him a huge hug.
You didn't care that the dripping icing was now sliding down and intermingling with your hair. You looked up at John, still laughing a little, who gave you a kiss on your pursed lips. The contact of your lips filled you with exhilaration, not just from John's touch, but also from the copious amounts of sugar that were on his lips too.
"Still think you could do better than the people on Tv?..." You asked, light-heartedly tormenting him as he kissed you again. He slid his hands down from your waist to the top of your thighs, making you blush a little.
"Don't be so cruel sweetie" he giggled in response.
"Come on, let's get you cleaned up."
He nodded and followed you to the bathroom. On the way, he added wearily:
"Well... All I can say is... I will never disrespect a baker ever, ever again..."