Coffee

Mycroft-
Coffee... Black, to be specific. That's all that your now weary body had been running on for a week straight. Recently, work had been extremely strenuous. Pile after pile of pitiful paperwork mounded on your desk, it completely encapsulated you, it was like you were the queen of a white recyclable fortress.
"Ummm... (Y/n)? I've brought your-" Anderson walked into your office holding a mug of coffee (the one you requested twenty minutes ago)
"Good!" You replied, impatiently, your body almost shaking.
Anderson spoke gingerly "I know you are busy, and this liquid diet is making you look great may I say, but you've had six cups today already! You're going fucking insane!"
"GET OUT!!" You demanded loudly, making Anderson produce a defeated whimper and scurry out of your office after presenting you with your seventh sweet black hit of the day. After another ten minutes of scrawling all over your crucial paperwork, you looked down in annoyance, again, at the 67 text notifications and 19 missed calls on your glaring phone screen.
"Mycroft..." You sighed to yourself out loud "just let me work..."
You swept your phone off the desk into the bin before taking another large mouthful of coffee. Your eyes were burning. They felt like they were being held open with hot needles; you carried on regardless. Another twenty minutes past when you heard a knock on your door.
"Anderson! I swear to god if you-" you looked up. It wasn't Anderson, it was Mycroft.

Mycroft had been away on business for the week and had arrived back to an empty on house on what was supposed to be your day off. Dust had settled curiously on tables and ornaments so he deduced that you hadn't actually been home for at least the seven days he'd been away. When he entered your office, his face tightened with guilt. His eyes began to do that sympathetic glisten that they usually did when he is upset, the tears conjoined and slid subtly down his cheeks.
"I never thought I'd say this, but Anderson told me everything." You looked at him, confused, you couldn't work out what he was upset about.
"(Y/n), he told me you haven't left your office in days! You're surviving (barely) on coffee for gods sake!"
For the first time in around seven days, you rose from your desk and walked over to Mycroft, his brow still furrowed and guilt ridden. Without another word, you allowed your body to go limp and fall forward, waiting for Mycroft to catch you. Softly, he grasped you with his arms and settled you gently against his suited torso. Your eyelids were flickering from lack of sleep and you felt your consciousness wave a little white flag until everything went black.

You awoke, several hours later, in bed. Mycroft was sat beside you on a chair, stroking your hand that stuck out from the duvet and rested on his knee. You stirred a little and slowly raised your body into a weary sitting position.
"Wh-why?... Why am I in bed?" You looked around, confused "I should... Should be at work! I've got so much paperwork!" However, as you tried you drag your body out of bed, Mycroft held you down (in the nicest way possible). He made eye contact with you and shook his head. His lack of alertness calmed you as he spoke
"Sally is covering it (y/n). You are now relieved of paperwork duty"
You brought your knees up to your chest and sighed, it was like the weight of an entire planet had been lifted off your shoulders.
"So?..." Mycroft said, seriously.

"So...? What?" You replied

" Do you want to tell me something?"

"Like what?"

"Like why you've only been drinking coffee this past week instead of consuming food. You now. Food. That thing that keeps us alive!"

You sighed again, this time gesturing Mycroft to sit beside you in the bed. One he was gently pressed up against your side with his arm around your back, you could continue.
"I'm so stupid Mycroft..."

"(Y/n), you are far from stupid. Please, just tell me"

"Well, it started the day that you left. I took a packed lunch to the office because I knew I wouldn't have time to go anywhere for food. I ate it (as people usually do) at lunchtime while doing paperwork. What I didn't realise was that my office blinds were open and Anderson was looking at me through the glass. He walked over and knocked on my door before rudely letting himself in and said this... 'Oh, (y/n), just a tip. If you're going to be sedentary for the next week and not exercising, I'd lose the sandwich if I were you. Let's just say... The calories could be put to better use.'"

Mycroft sighed this time, tightening his grip of your back and waist as he thought.
"So...? You turned to nothing but coffee?" He asked, horrified.
"Well, yeah... As much of an ass Anderson is, he did seem to make some kind of sense." You fidgeted in bed for as second, cringing at how stupid you just sounded. Mycroft said nothing, he just kissed you on the cheek and got down from the bed, urging you to do the same. He stood for a moment, facing you and resting his hands on your shoulders. As much as your baggy uniform worried him, he tried to stay focused.
"(Y/n)" Mycroft said calmingly "Anderson is an idiot. Do not listen to a single word he says. Am I clear? His ridiculous 'diet' idea has left you almost lifeless... You do understand you will have to gain back everything you've lost this week right? Your bmi is worryingly close to being dangerous"
You nodded, ashamed that you'd even listened to him in the first place. You stood up on your tiptoes and shared a kiss with him. The feeling of his hands on your thin face was warming and you felt like a part of you has just been reconnected, replacing a void inside. A void filled with black coffee.
"Right" Mycroft stated, "for the first time in a week, you, precious, are going to eat a proper meal. I'm making soup."
You smiled as he carried you into the kitchen with ludicrous ease and you began to prepare dinner together. Reunited after a week, you were both happy as ever, though you were half dreading what Mycroft was going to do to Anderson on Monday...

----------------------------------------------
A/n- don't worry guys, I'm getting round to the Mycroft kidnapped oneshot 😊 I'll be writing it soon, just thought you'd like a random filler chapter.

(ALSO I SWEAR TO GOD THIS BOOK IS JUST TURNING INTO MYCROFT ONESHOTS BECAUSE I AM A CHRONIC MYCROFT ENTHUSIAST! I'M NOT SORRY!!!!)