Writingmas - Day 24!

Mycroft oneshot- getting dressed for the Christmas Eve party!

(A/n- this is it guys! I hope you've all enjoyed reading my writingmas as much as I've enjoyed creating it 😊)

"Mycroft! Oh my goodness! That suit is absolutely stunning!" You cried with a girlish giggle as he beamed with pride from your living room. He gave a swift spin on his heels to allow you to marvel at the full ensemble. His straight black trousers were cut perfectly down to his ankle and his waistcoat fit like a glove. The usual ashy-grey colours of his clothes had been exchanged with a coal black, dark enough to disguise himself with against the unforgiving hue of the London nights. He straightened his collar in the mirror before turning back to face you
"So... You like it?"
"Are you kidding! It's amazing!!"
Mycroft smiled half heartedly at your comment and gave an ever so slight sigh under his breath.
"What's wrong myc?"
You asked kindly, walking over to him and rooting yourself next to him in the mirror.
"Are you sure it looks good? I mean, I'm not used to black really... I'm more of a grey kind of man"
You stroked his lapel in reassurance before jumping up to kiss him on the temple. This immediately made him grin.
"Well..." He continued, "I suppose black is a slimming colour" he spam around once again, taking in his reflection, scrutinising it almost.
"Myc! Don't talk like that. The suit is gorgeous but not half as gorgeous the man in it!"
He smiled yet again before speaking
"Go, go! You still have to get changed! We'll be late!"
With a childish tut and roll if the eyes, you skipped off to the bedroom to change into your dress which you had refused to show your boyfriend until this very date. Twenty minutes, some lipstick, eyeshadow and mascara later, you emerged a different person. Your limp, dry locks were coiled into perfect auburn ringlets which glistened and bounced every time you took a high heeled step.
"I... Uh... W-wow..." Mycroft gulped and stuttered as you entered. He was speechless in awe of your splendour.
"I think the gold really compliments your suit, don't you think babe?"
You asked while spinning around childishly, letting your skirt flare out elegantly.
"You look beautiful..." He finally managed to utter through a quivering smile. "Come here..."
You skipped over to him and leaped into his strong, open arms. Grinning, you grabbed the back of his head and brought his lips crashing down into yours. After a few seconds of bliss, you jumped down, fixed your hair and picked up your purse ready to leave. You half opened the door and turned back to him cheekily
"Coming?" You whispered
"If I do, it's your fault"
"MYCROFT! Don't be rude!!"
"Sorry precious." He grinned stupidly as he grabbed your waist and swept you down the stairs and into the cold, crisp aura of the night.

Mycroft's suit:

Your dress: