Take care of yourself - sherlock fem!reader oneshot

A/n - This was a request from CaptainSwanEriel  I hope it lives up to your expectations and you enjoy it 😊
----------------------------------------------

Sherlock-
It was a dewy evening in early spring. The sun outside was subsiding behind the purplish silhouettes of rooftops and trees; the calming tussle of the wind licked the bushes and posters; and the world was calm. It was unfortunate, therefore, that you were forced to miss this iridescent display of natural beauty as you were trapped inside, tied to your desk. Work had been absolutely swamping you lately. Piles of paperwork congealed about your office. It gathered on chairs, on the floor, on your desk... It was overwhelming to say the least. The load forced you to spend every waking moment of your time working, and that included lunch breaks. Food, at that time, was seen by you as more of a distraction than a necessity. It had been days now, and you had driven tirelessly through your work on nothing but water, juice and gum. As you walked home one evening, you felt your head grow heavy and lethargic, it possessed an unusual viscosity which usually only emerged as the seedling of a migraine. You pushed open the door to the flat wearily and dropped your bag to the floor which landed with a thud against the floorboards. Before Sherlock could even greet you, you had stumbled forward in a half-asleep daze and collapsed at his feet. Sherlock was horrified.
"(Y/n)?! Are you ok?!" He shouted as he bent down, scooping your limp body up into his arms and cradling you close to his chest. He kissed your forehead and lightly blew across your eyelids to see if a cool breeze was enough to make you stir. It wasn't... Suddenly, he heard a hollow rumbling sound. It gurgled and drummed like an approaching storm. Angry and empty. He panicked, laying you down on the sofa just as your eyes slowly fluttered open. The twisted expression in your face was a telling sign than you were in a lot of pain.
"Wh- what ha- happened?..." You whispered groggily, rubbing your eyes harshly, as your vision blurred in and out of an unfocused clarity. Sherlock was kneeling baddie you now. Adorning his face was a look of utter seriousness but it soon dissolved into one of concern as he began to speak.
"(Y/n)... I know what's been going on." Sherlock stared, a tone of worry fringed his words as he continued. "You haven't been eating have you? How many times have I TOLD YOU?? You know you have a strong metabolism! You know you need energy to work! You know this happens EVERY TIME! If you had told me, I could have brought food to work for you! Why didn't you tell me you hadn't eaten anything sooner??"
His voice was creaky now. The worry had been replaced by fragile tears which were clawing their way up your boyfriend's throat. Your mouth opened slightly. Your parted lips pursed to speak when a crippling hunger pang shook your system. Both your hands shot to your stomach as your torso contracted with painful contortion. It was like a fist was crushing a tinfoil ball inside your stomach. Tears began to well in your eyes as your stomach rumbled once more. You swallowed back the shakiness in your voice as Sherlock sighed.
"Here..." He said calmly as slid his warm hand underneath your jumper and applied a gentle pressure. Slowly, he traced tranquil circles below your ribcage with his fingers and he allowed his gaze to interlock sympathetically with your own, exchanging a non vocal apology which settled the tension. You lifted your hand up gently to cup his smooth porcelain-like chin. You brushed the chocolate curls out of his eyes and bit your lip. The left corner of your mouth perked up slightly, curling into a half-hearted smile as his massage soothed your pain. You leant up on your elbows and planted a kiss on his lips before falling back against a pillow. Sherlock reciprocated the gesture before standing upright and moving over to the kitchen.
"I'm making you pasta right now."
He stated, retrieving a pan, pasta and a spoon from the cupboard above him.
"Oh Sherlock, you don't have to-" you began to say but Sherlock cut you off
"No (y/n). You haven't eaten properly in days! I'm cooking you dinner! I insist."
You smiled at him from across the room. He was facing away from you but he could tell you were sincere.
"Thank you Sherlock..."

"Its my job to look after you (y/n)... I do love you after all..."

"I love you too Sherlock..."

You grinned as you slowly drifted off to sleep, the smell of acidic tomatoes and warm pasta engulfing your starved senses. "Love you too..."

----------------------------------------------
A/n- I hope that was alright. I tried! Hopefully it was something like you imagined 😅