Writingmas - Day 9

Sherlock oneshot- hold still dammit!

"Sherlock, do not move!" Your hands were quivering under the shrill light of the flat. You bit your lip in focus...

"I'm AM trying (y/n)!"

"Just, relax! Try not to fidget... This is VERY delicate work!"

"The more you speak, the more you move! (Y/n), it's going everywhere!"

"Well this wasn't MY IDEA!!"

"YES IT WAS!!"

"Oh, yeah. It was... Oops."

"Just try to get it done without any more spilling in the sofa."

"Okay Sherlock, okay! Just hold still dammit! I'm nearly there."

With one last flourish of your hand, you sat back to take in your masterpiece:
"There! All done!"
Sherlock looked down at his freshly painted nails with a childish smirk on his face. He opened his mouth slightly, as if to speak but backed down and simply raised an eyebrow and stared at you before breaking out into laughter.
"Imagine Mycroft's reaction to this" he sniggered, holding his hands aloft and waving them slightly to aid in the drying process.
"I think he'd love it!" You giggled, "a nice royal blue colour would suit him perfectly!"
Sherlock leaned forward to kiss you gently on the lips but gritted his teeth guiltily as he retreated.
"That's wrong sherly?" You asked, noticing his change in facial expression.
"I mayyyy... Have just wiped nail varnish in your hair (y/n)... Sorry"
You rolled your eyes, attempting to pick the sticky, glittery substance out if your hair and sighed
"Oh well... I'll live" you chuckled then let the flat fall silent.

"(Y/n)?"

"Yes Sherlock?..."

"I... Honestly don't know what I'd do without you (y/n)."
His mouth curved upward into a half-smile and his eyes deepened, turning a glistening inky blue in colour.

"I feel exactly the same way... I love you Sherlock."

"And I love how you are the only person on this planet who could persuade me to wear sparkly red nail varnish!"
You laughed together once more before sharing another kiss in the quietness of the night in the flat.