Writingmas - Day 15

Mycroft oneshot - snow angels

The snow was crisp and high and clean. It settled gracefully on top of the various roofs you stared at, through your frosty bedroom window. Mycroft was due to be coming home from work soon and you had managed to bore yourself silly... As the white crystals twinkled under your gaze, your mind was met with a childish thought, a spontaneity which never usually hits you with this force.
"Snow angels?..." You asked yourself, quietly, in the well-lit but silent house. You mentally answered yes to this puerile notion and bounded off down the stairs with juvenile abandon. You grabbed your long coat and slung it over yourself before adorning your hands and feet with huge woolly mittens and winter boots.

- 5 snow angels later -

You heard the low, barely-audible, crunching of footprints approaching you and before you could get up to look, Mycroft's face appeared above you.
"Hello" you smiled cheerily, continuing to starfish out on the ground.
"Snow angels precious?... What are you? Three years old?..."

"Oh come on myc! Cheer up it's fun!"

"It looks cold..."

"It's fine! You're wearing a jacket."

"I am not making snow angels with you..."

"Awww..."

"No."

"Pwetty pwease?"

"Don't do that..."

"For meee?..."

Mycroft hesitated.

"Ughh... Fine!"

"Yay!" You giggled, giving him a horizontal applause. He placed his briefcase out of the snow, on the doorstep, and cautiously laid down beside you.
"There you go! Now just move your arms and legs up and down! Like a dancing starfish..."
Mycroft sighed at his loss of dignity but endeavoured with the task anyway. As he moved more and more snow, a faint grin began to pass onto his lips. Was he, enjoying this? No! Surely not! Although he did admit, the childish exercise did fill him with a kind of unmeasurable exhilaration...
"This is fun..." He spoke quietly, pretending you couldn't hear his enjoyment.
"There you are! I knew there was a child somewhere in that stone heart of yours!" You giggled and halted your movement, letting out a sigh of satisfaction...

Mycroft let his head fall to the side, lovingly gazing at you as you stared, transfixed, at the pinking, wispy sky above you. It's rosy hue reflected in your pupils and spread a galaxy of colour over your glazed eyes. He was so engrossed in the beauty of your face that he barely noticed when the snow below his form began to melt and soaked him cold to the skin.
"How do you do that?..." Mycroft asked quietly, shifting his hand across to hold your mittened fingers.
"Do what?" You replied, not breaking eye contact with the blushing sky. Mycroft took a deep breath and continued:
"How do you look so beautiful when you are doing nothing at all?..."
This comment was enough to break your state of enlightenment. You turned your head to face his.
"I-I...do?..." You blushed a similar colour to the sky and brought your free hand up to your face in embarrassment.
"Yes (y/n), you really really do..."
You smiled at him, biting your lip slightly as your cheeks flushed a dark vermilion. You closed your eyes and pursed your lips slightly, preparing to kiss Mycroft's cold face...
"GAAAAAHHH!!!" You screeched in some ludicrous octave as you bounded up from the ground like a startled cat.
"What's wrong precious?" Mycroft implored, sitting up worriedly
"ICE DOWN MY BACK! MYCROFT THERE IS ICE DOWN MY BACK! HELP ME PLEASE!!"
You fidgeted like a baby on an aeroplane and shivered profusely as Mycroft did all he could to rid you of the icy nuisance.
"Sorry..." You apologised, embracing him with shaky arms "Mycroft! Your suit! It's soaking! You must be freezing, come inside... I forgot your work coat isn't that thick..."
You sat him down in front of the fire and perched (after removing your wet coat) on his knee, leaning your face against the crook of his neck.
"Thank you precious... I'm a bit warmer now."
You smiled and held your left arm round his shoulders as your right sat on his knee, stroking it slightly with comfort. Mycroft hugged your waist tightly, urging you to lean closer. Your lips met, finally, in the warmth of the living-room and you smiled into his kiss.
"I love you myc..." You muttered through the prolonged contact
"I feel the same..." Mycroft purred back, clamping his hands round your middle and showing no signs of letting you go.