Let the Fun Begin

"Surprise!"

We all leaped out and looked at the Professor in excitement. He looked at surprised as anything. A few more students leaped in from the outside and they pointed to a sign that said, THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

"What do I owe this," asked the Professor as he wheeled forward and looked around at all of the decorations and food that was littering his usually neat desk.

"It's a thank you party," replied Echo as she stepped out from the small desk and fluffed out her beautiful black pelt. "And an end of the semester party but mainly a thank you party."

I strode forward and looked to Thruster. "It was Thruster's idea," I rumbled as I licked his cheek affectionately.

He looked at his paws in embarrassment and I rumbled. "I had a lot of help though," Thruster pointed out as he turned the attention to Keen, Echo, Poultice, Feldspar, and Smokestream.

The pups shuffled their paws and my eyes lit in amusement. It seemed like every wolf I knew was easily embarrassed.

"Can we eat now," asked Echo sheepishly as her nose twitched toward the food on the desk.

Storm smiled before she kneeled down and stroke Echo's back. "Of course you can little one. It's still an ending semester party as well as a thank you party."

Echo beamed before she bounded forward and flapped her wings. She took to the air with Feldspar following. I rolled my eyes. They were the two wolves in the school who enjoyed eating yet they never gained a pound. All of the pups at the school were small but it was extremely rare for wolves to be overweight because of how we were built.

Poultice followed but he didn't eat a lot. However he couldn't go wrong when there was popcorn about. I on the other paw was hungry beyond imagine but that was mostly because I had pups inside of me, begging for food. Thruster looked hungry as well but I knew that he only ate once a day once he was sure that all the pups had eaten.

"Well dig in," urged the Professor after a heartbeat of the pups just waiting and the rest of us just standing there. No one wanted to be the first one to take something.

I sighed and flapped my wings before I pushed Echo forward. "Go on. I know that you're eying up those chips."

Echo's eyes glowed as she used her paw to gingerly push some on a plate which was being held by her other paw. Once she had grabbed all of the chips she could fit she lowered down and pushed it behind the desk where she could eat without other wolves watching her. I had no idea why but Echo didn't like to eat if anyone watched her. I respected that so I stayed on the front end of the desk.

Poultice scooped some popcorn into a cup while Feldspar and Keen grabbed their own foot. Then some of the students grabbed some food and I waited until it was just Thruster and I who had to eat.

"You should have gotten something," argued Thruster as he pushed some chips onto a plate of his own.

"I am," I assured him as I shoveled more chips that Thruster and Echo together could probably eat. "I just wanted to let the young ones go first."

"Don't neglect yourself for them," Thruster murmured as he rested a paw on mine. "I don't want anything to happen to you."

I snorted in amusement. "She-wolves have pups all the time. You should know that, you're a healer. You know the likelihood of something happening is very slim."

Thruster gulped down some chips. "Yes I know it's slim but it could happen," he pointed out as he looked at his paws. "I can't bare to lose you."

I sighed inwardly before I leaned forward and licked his cheek. "You won't, I promise. We're at the best possible place with other mutants who care and who will help care for our pups."

"I know," murmured Thruster as he began grooming his pelt quickly. "But what about Tony?"

Why was everyone so concerned about my father? "What about Tony," I asked as I continued eating.

Thruster gave his pelt a stern shake. "I mean what if he er wants to see the pups?"

My fur spiked. "Why would he," I snarled as saliva dripped from my fangs. "They're ours, not his!"

Thruster looked like I had slapped him on the muzzle, not just snapped at him. His eyes turned downcast and he sighed. "I mean he may want to be apart in raising them and he might want to see them."

"I can't allow that," I growled as I thought about what Tony had done to everyone I cared about. "I won't allow that."

Thruster gulped and licked his lips. "You know if Tony really wants to see them he will," he pointed out as he drew a paw over his one ear which had a large nick in it. "I know better than to step between a wolf and their pups."

"But the pups are ours, Thruster," I corrected as I leaned forward and pressed my nose into his cheek. "He had no right to them."

"Do you really think Tony cares," Thruster muttered as he rested his head on his paws, abandoning his half eaten meal. "He does what he wants."

I knew that. I knew that from the day he gave me up. I know that it was for a reason as Erik or Magneto kept telling me but I never cared to hear it. All I knew if that he gave me up and never cared to see me until I became a threat on the other side. Then he cared enough to look at me.

"Then let's just hope he doesn't want those pups," murmured Thruster as he eyed my underbelly. "Because if he does than he will manage to get them."