Pups' Results

"What did they do," I sighed as I pushed into the Professor's room and hung my head. I saw all of my pups sitting in front of the Professor with their heads' hung. It was about time for dinner and Thruster had told me that the Professor wanted to speak with me. At first I was hopeful but by his tone I knew that something had happened.

"It's alright momma," chided Reed as he plastered his ears against his head. "We didn't kill anyone."

I growled to silence him and I pushed forward and sat beside the Professor. "Just tell me what they did." I looked to my pups and frowned. "I thought we had this talk before you left the room but I guess we didn't."

"It's alright Starlight," murmured the Professor as he worked his hands together. "Pups you can go. I'd like to talk to your mother alone."

Thyme looked like she had been slapped against the muzzle so harshly she had fallen over. She rose to her paws and dragged herself forward with Avery rushing behind her. Murk followed, even she knew not to test the Professor or her mother right now. Reed didn't take subtle hints.

"Why," asked Reed before Avery darted forward and sunk his teeth into his brother's tail, dragging him along. Reed yelped at his brother but Avery managed to drag him out of the Professor's room before I looked back to him.

"I'm so sorry Charles," I began but he lifted a hand to stop me. I gulped and bit my tongue. I had no idea what they had done but I knew it couldn't have been good.

"They aren't in trouble," assured the Professor as he looked down on me and I let out a sigh of relief. "I just wanted to talk to you about their results on their academic testing."

I blinked my eyes. "Oh well Thruster made it seem worse."

"I'm not finished," argued the Professor and I cringed. That didn't sound good. "Poultice exceeded even my expectations." He handed me a large test and I flipped through it quickly with my nose. Most of those questions I didn't even know. She must have gotten her smarts from her father, the healer. "She also expressed to me that she wanted to be a healer."

"Yes she's told us that too," I barked as my chest puffed out in pride. "I'm really hoping that she'll become a healer with herbs and medicines as well. However that's her choice."

The Professor then handed me Avery's paper. "He's very much into reading and literature. He also expressed to me that he'd like to be an author one day and a teacher."

I smiled a bit. "He'd make a great teacher! Wasn't my mother a teacher?"

The Professor's face fell and I realized that wasn't the best thing to stay. "Er y-yeah," he stammered before he moved to Reed's paper and his face turned back to serious with a bit of disappointment. I looked at the paper and realized that there was barely anything written on it. I bit my tongue and rolled my eyes. "He didn't take anything seriously. He'd probably be great if he tried."

"He is more into the danger room and training than academics," I confessed as I shuffled my paws. "I'll try but I can't force him." I sighed. "Trust me, I've tried."

The Professor sighed heavily. "And the last may be the worst." I cringed as he pushed it toward me. I flipped the paper and looked at it. I saw that she had tried to spell but had failed. Her math wasn't okay either and don't even get me started on even holding a pencil. I looked up at the Professor and licked my lips. "I see she has some work to do but I can try."

The Professor looked at me with seriousness in his eyes. "I've seen this before Starlight. She has a learning disability."

I shoved my ears forward. "Don't label her like that!"

"Starlight," murmured the Professor gently and I forced myself to try and calm down. It really didn't help but snarling at the Professor wasn't helping anyone. "She has dyslexia. Other students here have it to. I can work with her but it will be frustrating for her. She can't even read."

I hung my head and frowned. "Alright. Thanks Professor." I rose to my paws, my body aching from training.

"How did they do," asked the Professor as he leaned forward.

I looked over my shoulder. "They have a lot to learn. A lot to learn."