For Once I Wish I Hadn't Watched TV

I sat timidly with my tail curled around my paws as I stared at the TV screen. The Professor had wanted the students not to see it but rumors spread that there was a mutant cure on TV so most of the students clambered into their own rooms to watch the TV program.

The Professor, Logan, Storm, Thruster, Hank, Asphalt, and I watched it with held in breaths. I was disgusted that humans were actually getting paid for this. I felt my stomach twist and churn. What was worse was that I knew that a lot of mutants would be going to seek the cure. They were ashamed of what they could do and wanted it gone.

I knew a lot of Wolvys that are the opposite. They loved their mutant powers and in a school that accepted them they didn't mind them. They embraced them since, in my class, that's what I always told them to do. I didn't actually believed that they listened but apparently they did.

Once it was over I felt my fur bristle along my spine. "They called us a disease," I growled to Thruster who looked as furious as I was.

"They say that mutants who have children are abominations." He worked his claws on the ground and a few sparks flew from his pelt. "Humans are abominations!"

All eyes turned to him and I licked his cheek. "I'd advise calming down."

"S-Sorry," stammered Thruster as he shuffled his paws in embarrassment. "I didn't mean that. It's just that you don't see wolves without powers suggesting this."

"No but they did lock us in a cell in Canada," mumbled Logan but I shot him an angry look.

"Enough," the Professor interrupted and I hung my head. We were acting worse than my pups when they were angry with one another. "Arguing like this gets us no where."

I dipped my head and looked to Asphalt who looked like he desperately wanted to say something but couldn't.

"When is the cure available," asked Thruster as he rose to his paws and strode in the middle of the group. "I mean once it is the government will be able to see just how many mutants there are, or at least how many are willing to get the cure."

"I think the government started this up," growled Logan as he looked out the window.

"The government had nothing to do with this," interrupted Hank quickly from where he sat on the couch.

"Heard that before," grumbled Logan as he raised an eyebrow and I was afraid that one of them was going to launch for the other.

"Look boy I've been fighting for mutant rights since before you had claws," Hank growled at Logan with narrowed pale yellow eyes.

Logan looked shocked at him. "Did he just call me boy?"

Now was not really the time to be arguing but once again Logan had to be arguing with someone. Beside me Thruster sighed again. I knew he was thinking of our pups. I was secretly praying none of the Wolvys saw it, my pups or not. However my hopes were squashed when Rogue came in followed by Sunset.

"Is it true," asked Rouge excitedly. "Can they cure us?"

Sunset followed timidly and perked up as she heard Rouge's question. Out of everyone in my class she was always the one who disliked her powers the most. I had no idea why but I never asked. Now I kind of wished I had.

"Yes Rogue it appears to be true," the Professor told her curtly and I realized he wasn't happy about this either.

Rouge brightened but I felt rage waft off Storm in waves. "No they can't cure us." She padded over to Rogue who was frowning. "Because there's nothing to cure. They's nothing wrong with us. Any of us for that matter."