Roles Reversed

I sat in Logan and I's room. I fiddled with my crystal that hung from the thin rope that hung from my neck. It swung and was cold to the touch but I knew it was filled with great power. Suddenly it began to glow and was now warm to the touch.

I tilted my head in surprise as Logan padded forward. He seemed a bit in a haze and didn't seem to know what was happening around him. He laid on his bed and placed his hand on his chest and I noticed it was shaking. I debated leaving him alone but now wasn't the time to leave him be. He needed comfort.

I inched closer to him and nudged my nose against his hand. He drew it back but when he realized it was me he relaxed. "Oh Starlight, it's you."

My eyes widened a bit. "W-Who else would it be," I wondered skeptically.

Logan gave a shrug. "I don't know," he confessed before he turned on his side and rested a hand on his side. I drew closer and licked his hand. I guess eventually he got annoyed and gave in to it. He began petting me and ruffling his fur like he usually did but it didn't have his usual anger or excitement in his movements.

"Is it Jean," I asked although I knew the answer. Of course it was Jean. Only a girl could make a guy like this and Jean was the only love interest I believed that Logan had.

Logan muttered to himself. "Yeah I guess."

"You don't guess," I corrected as I noticed that his claws looked a heartbeat from piercing into me. I gulped and was a bit more cautious. "You know it. I've seen that look before, when she died."

"I think she killed Scott," he finally blurted out and I leaped back, shock making my fur stand on end.

"She couldn't have," I argued forcefully as he pawed at the ground harshly and for a heartbeat I wished it would move but it didn't. "Are you sure?"

Logan eyes blazed. "I'm sure of it! You found the glasses and she even admitted to it."

"Admitted to it," I echoed as my mouth felt dry. "She couldn't have? Are you sure you weren't just tired and imagined it?"

Logan sat up straight and his hand clenched in a fist. For a heartbeat I thought he was about to hit me. I rolled on my back in submission and showed the tender fleshy underbelly. I expected him to scratch like a real wolverine would but to my relief he drew back and rubbed a hand over his face in exhaustion.

"Something tells me you showed a different side of her," I pressed, hoping he'd give me a straight forward answer.

He nodded slowly and I flicked an ear. That nod was all he gave so I knew he didn't want to talk about it anymore. I just pushed my head against his shoulder and forced him to lay down. I dug my claws into his shoulders until there was enough blood oozing out for him to notice. He turned to look at me and I beamed at him.

"Just relax," I murmured gently. "Nothing is going to happen to Jean or anyone else hear right now."

Logan grunted something that I didn't understand so I just assumed he understood. He rolled on his back and closed his eyes. I curled up at his feet and rested a paw over my nose. I knew it was a bit early to be sleeping. I believed it was about sunset but who was really counting. Besides I would take sleep when I could get it.

I just closed my eyes and drifted off.