Time With Logan

I padded through the hallways and pricked my ears. I heard Storm teaching a class and knew that I had to be quiet when passing since the door was open. I looked in and saw Smokestream and Sunset sitting in the front of the class as she explained some things on the board.

I passed by swiftly and strode back toward the Professor's room. I halted once I smelled the stench of cigar smoke. I knew that Logan was nearby and I wasn't about to lose the opportunity to see him.

I followed the stench until I found it was coming from his room. I ducked my head in. "You busy?"

Logan took the cigar from his mouth and looked over toward me. He gasped in excitement and put out his cigar. "Starlight," he cried as he patted the bed.

I actually hadn't ran since I gave birth but now was a good time to try. I bolted forward and realized I hadn't lost any of my agility. I leaped onto the bed and into his arms. I rarely saw Logan give anyone affection but he still wrapped me into a large huge and stroked my fur. I licked his hand and whimpered in joy.

"I haven't seen you as much since my pups were born," I pointed out as I rested my head on his lap. "But I assure you that I am still your companion and I won't give that up for anything."

"It's fine. I understand that you have a family now," he assured as he stroked me and my tail wagged.

"Yeah to be honest I'm still getting used to being apart of his family," I confessed with a billowing sigh. "I mean I've never been a mother before."

"Well I think you're doing a very good job," Logan told me and I didn't know if he meant it or if he was just saying it to be polite. However Logan was almost never polite so he must have meant it.

"Thanks Logan. It means a lot it's just that I want them to grow up to be great wolves but I can't control that," I sighed as I let my tail thump the bed. "Also I'm not sure if they're going to be mutants or not. They don't even know what mutants are."

"Why haven't you told them," asked Logan as he raised an eyebrow.

I looked at my paws. "I don't know. There never really is a perfect time," I pointed out miserably. "Besides there is so many ifs. I wonder if they'll like the idea that they're special or if they'll resent me because they will never be excepted into society."

"Don't they have wings? I mean I don't think society will accept them because of that alone," he grumbled.

I growled and plastered my ears against my head. "This is serious!" The them chuckled a bit. "Yeah they all have wings and they can't fly yet either."

Logan smiled a bit. "They shouldn't resent you though. It would be Thruster's fault. Males hold the mutant gene."

I loved how Logan was trying to make me feel better but my pups really wouldn't care if it was Thruster or me. They would probably see themselves as different. I was just hoping they wouldn't mind it if it did happen.