Aftermath Of Battle

I landed beside Thruster with my eyes filled in exhaustion. He turned around excitedly and bolted to my side, rumbling loudly.

"I wasn't even sure you made it out," confessed Thruster as he turned and licked my cheek affectionately.

I snorted in amusement and pawed at his ear a bit since I was it was bleeding. "Yee of little faith," I chuckled before I turned my head and saw the pups.

"Starlight," gasped Poultice as he darted forward. He leaped in the air and wrapped his paws around my neck. I rumbled in pleasure before I touched my head on the top Poultice's head.

"I'm alight," I told him before I let him down easily as Keen, Echo, Avery, Reed, and Thyme swamped around me, yipping and licking at my face. "Are you alright?"

They all eventually calmed down and nodded. I turned my head and saw Storm, Kitty, Bobby, Colossus, Leech, and Beast. Asphalt, Ripple, and Redscar standing and looking at us. I let out an excited bark despite myself before I padded toward them. I touched my nose to Asphalt and smiled. I looked at a large gash on his shoulder and frowned a bit.

"I-It's h-h-h-heal," stammered Asphalt with a smile.

I dipped to him and then looked to Ripple. He dipped his head back to me and his whiskers nearly brushed my toes. When he came back up I moved to Redscar. I leaned forward to whisper in his ear.

"I forgive you for killing Murk," I breathed but it hurt me to no end. "I'm sorry about your mate and son."

Redscar let out a sigh. "I'm terribly sorry for what I had done to your daughter as well."

I then drew back and looked to my family. Suddenly my eyes flickered. "Where's Logan?"

Thruster took a step forward and rested his head on my shoulder. "He killed Jean," he replied hollowly.

I spiraled around and pawed at the ground. "What?! He killed her," I gasped in terror.

Thruster frowned in grief. "Yes. It was the only way," he pointed out as he looked to the pups. I knew that he didn't want me saying anything I would regret in front of them.

"I'm going to go see if he's alright," I murmured before I gave Thruster a look. He just took a step back and nuzzled Thyme between the ears affectionately.

Before anyone could argue it I strode forward, back to where the battle had taken place. I navigated over the dead bodies and had to hold my breath so I didn't have to smell the scent of dead bodies. I turned my head and saw Logan crumpled down with Jean dead in his arms.

I crept closer and whimpered at Logan. Logan turned his head to look at me, grief lighting in his eyes. "It's over," he told me solemnly.

I gave a small nod. "Yes it is. Are you alright?" I padded forward some more and touched my nose to Jean's forehead. It was still warm but that wouldn't last long.

He shrugged. "Not really but it could be worse I suppose."

I wasn't sure how he could say that. "Murk was killed," I blurted, without meaning to actually say it.

Logan turned to look at me and nodded a bit. "I'm so sorry."

I stretched out my neck and nuzzled his arm. "I'm so sorry for your loss as well. I can't imagine how difficult it was."

Logan bit his lip before he looked to me again. "Let's go home," he told me and I felt my heart lift as I pressed against him. His body heat warmed me and I was thankful for it.

I closed my eyes, knowing that The Last Battle was over and that maybe now I could relax knowing that my family was safe.