More Problems With Scott

I padded into my pups' room and nuzzled the bed. It still smelled like each of my pups and although they were no longer going to live here I knew that it would always be their first den. I secretly wished that they would still be staying here but I knew they had to grow up some time. I couldn't keep them pups forever and they deserved more than to live their parents' dreams.

I pawed at the nest again before I lowered my muzzle in and pulled out a ball. It squeaked as I sunk my teeth into it and heard it squeak. My eyes lit in amusement. This was their first toy and I wanted them to always remember playing with it. However it was more of a memory for me. I took the toy in my jaws and padded out of the room before turning out the lights. This room was now strictly for Thruster being a healer.

I strode through the hallway and saw Poultice and Thyme walking. They talked quietly and laughed to themselves. I rumbled in amusement before I saw Echo and Keen padding around, looking increasingly nervous. I tilted my head in confusion and swerved to meet them.

Echo nearly bumped into me but Keen sunk his teeth into her shoulder and hauled her backwards. "Er sorry Starlight," she barked as she looked over her shoulder, her fur spiking.

"It's fine," I barked as I tried to look where she was looking but I didn't see anything. "What's wrong?"

Echo gulped but didn't answer. She looked to Keen who was more than ready to answer for her. "It's Scott. He nearly went after Echo!"

"He did," I breathed as I lowered and licked Echo between the ears. Fear pulsed through her in waves. "What happened?"

Echo licked her lips. "Keen and I were walking and I bumped into him and he went off, threatening and angry at me and I apologized. I didn't mean to anger him on purpose. Then Keen tried to stand up to him and he lashed out at him."

"Did he b-burn you," I stammered. I remembered when he had almost burned my pups but I stepped in to save them and he had burned me. It was antagonizing but she had healed.

"It's not bad," assured Keen as he turned his shoulder so that I could see. It looked painful and blood was oozing but Keen's eyes gleamed. "It's not that painful. It could have been worse. Echo stopped him."

Echo hung her head. "It was nothing." She then looked back to Keen. "But why didn't you use your powers?"

Keen shrugged and frowned. "I was scared and I didn't have time to react but I promise that I'll work on it."

"I'm sure you will," I murmured before I saw him flinch as Echo nuzzled his shoulder.

"I'm going to take him to see Thruster," barked Echo as she allowed Keen to lean on her shoulder.

"Good idea," I barked as I pointed my tail in the direction I thought my mate had gone. "Now I'm going to go and speak to Scott about this."

"What is he burns you too," asked Echo as her eyes rounded in shock.

"He won't," I assured as I plastered my ears against my head and growled. "At least not if he knows what's good for him." I worked my claws on the ground and bristled my fur before I sniffed the air. "Just rest up and I'll see you two later."

"Okay," barked Echo as she waved one of her wings. "See you later!" Keen howled in agreement and I wagged my tail.

Now it was time for me to confront Scott, again.