Teaching Danger Room

"I'm here," I called as I bolted down the hallways of the basement of the mansion. I saw Logan and Storm talking quietly with Kitty, Rogue, Bobby, Colossus, Echo, Feldspar, Keen, and Poultice looking on excitedly and impatiently. Once they saw me they perked up a bit and looked to Logan and Storm.

"About time," grunted Logan as he looked at me teasingly.

"Well if Scott would have shown up I wouldn't have needed to be here," I shot back as I smiled and wagged my tail.

"Well everyone's here now so let's begin," suggested Storm as she stepped in front of us. She quickly programed the danger room and stepped in with the rest of my group trailing. Poultice kept close to me with his eyes narrowed a bit to slits. Feldspar kept close to him with his teeth peeled back in the beginnings of a snarl. Keen and Echo kept close to their with their fur bristling, ready for battle.

"Remember," I chided gently. "This is just a simulation."

"I know but the Professor says that we should treat these like real battles," Feldspar reported as he bunches his muscles although he really didn't need to use his muscles. He had his mind to disperse the molecules so he could basically disassemble a building and reassemble it a few miles away.

"Alright then," I murmured as I looked to Storm who started the simulation.

Immediately I saw smoke and flames engulfing everything. Even though this was a simulation everything felt real. "What's our plan of attack," I asked Logan as I ducked behind a car that was bursting with flames.

"Plan," echoed Logan as he extended his adamantium claws.

I sighed and extended my own claws. "Then here's my plan!" I let out a snarl before I darted forward. I strode to Poultice's side and saw him facing a metallic wolf with extremely long legs and exposed chest cavity. The wolf leaped for Poultice but he easily sidestepped and reared on his hind legs before he slammed his front paws into the metallic wolf's flank and plowed him over.

I leaped on the wolf's body and sunk my teeth into it's throat and decapitated it. I turned to Poultice and dipped my head to him before I heard a howl of shock. I flicked my ears toward the sound and Poultice surged forward, his paws barely touching the ground. I turned and followed him, knowing that I couldn't leave the pups in the heat of battle.

Feldspar stood next to Keen who suddenly transported behind another metallic wolf. He sunk his teeth into the creature's LED eyes and blinded it easily. Feldspar then dissembled the millions of atoms in the metallic wolf and reassembled them over a pit of fire. He dropped the metallic wolf and it shattered into millions of pieces.

"Great job," I praised panting as I felt adrenaline rush through my veins. I hadn't felt this alive in moons.

"Thanks," breathed Feldspar before he darted back toward Poultice, covering his flank. Keen flanked the other side with Echo making sure that nothing crept up behind them. They made their own mini team but they seemed to forget about their companions who were being shot at with missiles.

"Companions," I howled before I realized that I had lost track of mine. However that was pretty easy to do considering that my companion was Logan.

The pups obeyed and darted toward their companions, ready to protect them. They swamped around their companions, eying the missiles intently. "Watch out," howled Keen as he dove toward Echo. He pressed her to the ground and missile flew right over their heads.

Echo gasped in shock before she lifted her head and gazed into Keen's eyes. I saw her blush a bit before she shook her head to clear it and darted back into the middle of the battle. Keen shook his own head to clear it before he bolted after her.