First Time Out of the Den

"Come on!"

"Quiet! Do you want mom to hear?"

"No."

"Then shut your muzzle!"

I groaned and blinked open and eye. It was about two rotations later and my pups were ready to explore. However they probably wanted to do it without me. Well that wasn't happening.

I sat up and strode behind my pups. They were about to open the door before I cleared my throat. My pups spiraled around and gasped as they saw me looking down on them. They thought I was going to scold them and I was about to too.

"Where do you four think you're going," I asked as I peered down on my pups.

The pups looked at each other before Murk nudged Reed forward, forcing him to answer. He took a step forward and looked up at me with round eyes. "Er we want to see what's outside the den."

I flicked my tail over my shoulders. "Outside," I echoed as I strode forward. "Why do you want to know what's outside?"

"Because dad said that there's a lot of students who want to meet us," replied Murk as she pawed at the door.

"He said that, did he," I murmured since it did sound like something Thruster would say. I rumbled in amusement before Avery strode forward and weaved between my legs.

"Is it dangerous outside," he asked as his black fur spiked.

"No," I replied as I blinked my eyes.

"Then why can't we go out," asked Thyme as she strode toward Reed with bright eyes.

I let out a sigh. "Alright but I want to come with you. It can get very chaotic," I chided as I strode forward and pressed my head against the door. It opened and I strode out with my pups following. They whispered to each other in excitement and I felt affection surge through me. They were certainly excited to see the school. It was pretty cool but they were a lot more excited than I would be to see the school but that's just me.

"Where can we go first," asked Reed as he darted forward and lowered into an excited crouch as if he was waiting for something to pass his vision so he could leap on it.

Thyme strode in front of him and whiskered her tail against his nose. Reed let out a sneeze and leaped backwards, narrowing his eyes at his sister. He growled and was about to leap for her but I slammed a paw down on his tail and he turned to look at me. I shot him a look and he relaxed a bit before I lifted my paw and allowed him to catch up with his littermates.

Murk bounded past me and toward Thyme. She was about to leap onto her sister but Thyme held back and Murk leaped too far ahead. She skidded and landed on her underbelly. She growled in frustration. I rumbled in amusement and I darted forward. I sunk my teeth into her scruff and set her up gingerly. She sighed before she darted toward Avery but he wasn't about to let her tackle him.

"How about we go to the Professor's room," I barked as I strode toward the hallway where his room was.

"Why is he called the Professor," asked Avery as he tilted his head in confusion.

I strode toward him and licked him between the ears. "Because he's the one who made the school. He's the main teacher in the school."

"Did his parents name him Professor," asked Murk as she tapped her tail tip against the ground. "That seems like a weird name."

I let out a snort of amusement. "No little one. His real name is Charles Xavier. However he is called the Professor out of respect and that's what I want you to call him, okay?"

"Yes," my pups coursed and I smiled.

"Good pups." I turned my head and stopped at the Professor's room. I looked at my pups who looked excited and eager. I rumbled before I raised a paw and tapped at the door.

"Come in," called the Professor and I was eager since this was the first time he would see the pups when they could walk and talk. They were a lot more independent since the last time he had seen them.

"Now I want all four of you on your best behavior," I told the pups sternly as I gazed each of them intently in turn.

"We will," assured Thyme as she dipped her head and I assumed she was speaking for all of her littermates.

"Alright. Now remember your manners." I rested my head on the door and pushed it open, wondering how this would go.