Help From Logan

I strode down the hallway, my head lifted and my shoulders tensed upward. I bounded down to Logan's room and poked my muzzle in. "Logan," I hissed as I saw him laying on his bed, looking at up at the ceiling.

He turned his head in surprise and raised an eyebrow. "Starlight," he asked as he sat up and raised an eyebrow at me. "Do you need something?"

I trotted in and bounded forward, rubbing myself against Logan's leg. "Yes actually I do."

"I thought you might," grumbled Logan as he scratched me between the ears and my tail thumped against his bed.

"Scott lashed out again," I confessed with a heavy sigh as I sat down and curled my tail around my paws. "This time at Echo and Keen and he managed to burn Keen a bit."

Logan's eyes hardened and his claws shot out. "Is he alright?"

I nodded and licked his claws to urge them back into his his knuckles. "He's fine or at least he'll be fine. Thruster will take good care of him but that doesn't mean I'm still not angry at Scott."

Logan sat back, and I knew that he had something he wanted to say but whether or not he wanted to share it with me. I whined and leaned forward, nudging his hand. "Tell me," I growled sternly.

Logan looked to me. "He's still taking Jean's death hard," he pointed out as he leaned back and raised his hands a bit. "Look I'm not saying what he did was right but I can understand why he snapped."

I let out a sigh and my shoulder slumped. "Well I suppose I can let this one go," I murmured as I shook my pelt. "It wasn't a bad burn and I know what it's like to be in a slump because of the death of a loved one but he better at least make an effort in this school or we're not going to get along."

Logan smiled a bit. "So how was your pups' first day of school?"

I wagged my tail and thumped my tail. "They did great! I learned some of their strengths and weaknesses and I'm sure that they'll all grow up to be very successful."

Logan stroked my flank. "I'm sure that they will. Thruster tells me that Thyme wants to be a healer."

I nodded in pride. "Yes she does. They all have dreams and it's my job to help them accomplish them." I felt a stirring in my heart and I let out a deep sigh. "Well if they live that long."

Logan jolted upright a bit and shook his head a bit. "What do you mean if they live that long?" He stood up and gave me an intense stare that I just wished I could hide from.

"I know a battle is coming Logan," I told him as I lashed my tail and snarled. "And I don't want my pups to be apart of it but they will be and I can't stop that." I extended my claws and they scratched the ground. "What if something happens to them in battle and I can't do anything to stop it?"

Logan looked at me with shock in his eyes. "You're a wonderful mother, Starlight. You and Thruster are both great parents. I know and they know that you wouldn't do anything to harm them."

"I've tried to teach them fighting moves," I rambled as I began to pace madly, my paws scuffling the ground harshly as I tried to calm myself down. "I've done all I can do but you know Erik. He won't stop until everyone who opposes him is dead." I sat down heavily, my breath rattling harshly in my chest. "I love them all too much to lose them."

"And you won't," vowed Logan as he lowered down and extended his Adamantium claws in front of my muzzle and I jolted backwards a bit. "I made you a promise that I would never make you chose between me and your family but now I have another promise to make you."

I looked up at him and relaxed a bit. Logan always made me feel better. "I will help you protect your pups. They won't be able to get through Thruster, you, and me," he pointed out as he retracted his claws and stroked me again.

I felt a bit better and dipped my head. "Thanks Logan." I rose to my paws and stretched out. "Now I just want to have a long rest. I don't know what tomorrow would be."