Fear

Quick warning: This book is cringey. The grammar, the spelling, the lack of punctuation, repetition of words, and the English in general is horrible in the first few (thirty or so) chapters. If you don't want to lose brain cells, I suggest you skip to chapter sixty- just kidding, please don't. Just don't die when you read this.

This chapter actually got edited because I was reading back, and it terrified me how bad it was. 😂😂

As you walked by people, their faces were blurry and expressionless. At least, that's what you could see. Their faces were blurry and expressionless because you were speed walking passed them. This caused their faces to seem expressionless, but you knew that there were emotions written all over them. You walked fast, hoping that none of your fans would notice you. But like always, it never works. "Oh my gosh!! Is that L/N, Y/N?" a girl squealed loudly. You turned your head to the noise, and you were met with a crowd of all genders running towards you in excitement. Even with your sunglasses and mask, your fans were able to see through it like nothing. You immediately turned, and started sprinting. Then you noticed a familiar car. When you approached the car, you swung the door open. You entered the car without hesitation, and closed the it rather quickly. Your driver immediately drove off without any further thoughts.

You quickly seat belt yourself before that annoying noise started beeping. "Are you okay, Miss L/N?" your driver asked slightly worried. You turned your head and looked at your driver. "I'm fine, Charlotte. Thank you for being early as always," you smiled, reassuring her. In return, she smiled brightly. "I'm just doing my job, Miss L/N. There's no need to thank me," she replied. Charlotte was the driver your manager trusted the most, making her your one and only driver. Unless she had a reason to not be there, then your manager would find the second best driver to keep you safe. You looked out the car window and sighed. "Miss L/N, are you still hoping to meet Mr. Min?" Charlotte asked. "Yea..." you answered, disappointed. "Come to think of it, I saw BTS this morning when I was in the car waiting for you," she said, and you immediately looked at her. "Really? Man!" you said in disappointment, "Even though I'm a Kpop idol under BigHit entertainment, I've never crossed path with Yoongi once." You started thinking back. "Well, you're busy just like him," she pointed out, "But, think about it, you were lucky enough to be accepted into BigHit." Charlotte was right. BigHit doesn't like girl Kpop idols because of a previous girl band that got into a scandal (NOT ANYMORE, 2019!!). BigHit entertainment couldn't leave your talent in the dumpster though. That's why they accepted you, but under the condition of being a solo Kpop idol. You agreed, knowing you couldn't throw your dream away because you would be solo, and not in a group.

"But still... it's odd that you haven't been able to run into Mr. Min or the other BTS members. I mean, you've been a Kpop idol for BigHit the same amount of years as BTS has," Charlotte said. She seemed concerned that maybe you'll never meet BTS or Yoongi. "Or maybe it's because you back off in fear," Charlotte said. You stared at her in disbelief. "What do you mean?!" you asked, trying to convince her that you weren't scared of approaching Yoongi. "Miss L/N, we both know how you hide when we almost cross paths with Yoongi," she said while parking the car. "Charlotte... you're right. I'm just afraid he won't remember me, and I'll look like a big fool if I approach him like we know each other," you sighed while getting out of the car. It was no shock Charlotte was able to drive to the dorms in no time (How is this relevant?). "That's your problem, fear holds you back from reuniting with your childhood best friend," Charlotte said, as she locked the car before following behind you. "I just don't know if he'll remember me," you replied. "How much did you mean to him back then?" she asked. "I mean... I hanged out with him a lot when we were younger. We also always talked about the future together," you answered as the both of you entered the huge building. She smiled slightly. "Then he'll definitely remember you," she assured. "I hope..." you rubbed the back of your neck. "Do you still have feelings for him?" Charlotte asked. "Yes..." you blushed lightly. "Are you done for today, Miss L/N?" she asked, changing the subject. "Yes," you answered, "Then I'll see you tomorrow, Miss L/N," she bowed, and you bowed back. "Thank you for the ride, and have a good day," you replied as you stood up straight. You watched Charlotte walk outside. The afternoon light hit her as she headed to the car. You turned back around, and pressed the elevator up button. Then you waited quietly for the elevator to go down. Just then, you felt the presence of someone standing next to you.

You glanced over to see who it was, and your eyes widened. "Y-Yoongi!" you thought while trying not look at him. "Yoongi hyung!" You heard behind you, it sounded like Taehyung. "What is it, Taehyung?" Yoongi asked in an annoyed tone. He never had it when he was younger. "You've change so much..." you thought as you glanced over at him again. "Why are you staring at me?" Yoongi looked at you, annoyed. "I-I'm sorry..." you stuttered before looking away. "Yoongi, don't be mean! I'm sorry, he can be a little mean sometimes," Taehyung apologized before giving you a warm smile. "It's fine..." you assured. Then the elevator finally opened up. "Finally... that was getting awkward..." you thought as you got into elevator. You stood in the corner of the elevator. The thing was Taehyung and Yoongi entered as well (What did you expect? Did you expect them not to take the elevator? They weren't just standing there to play hide and seek!). You coward in the corner. "Yoongi we weren't supposed to meet today!" you thought, as you pulled your mask even higher. "Yoongi, don't you miss her?" Taehyung asked, bringing up a random subject from the blue as he swayed around. "Who...?" Yoongi crosses his arms, and stared at the younger member, "Who else?" Taehyung asked back. "Geez Taehyung you need to be specific so I know," Yoongi answered with annoyance, "Y/N!" Taehyung replied, causing you to freeze in the corner. You saw as Yoongi's stressed face soften at the mention of your name. "I do miss her..." he said in a softer tone. "Why don't you visit her?" Taehyung asked. Yoongi sighed, "Because she might hate me. Remember Taehyung, I left without telling her goodbye. A good best friend would have told their best friend something before leaving..." "But what if she misses you? Haven't you been texting her?" Taehyung asked, trying to convince Yoongi it was a good idea to at least try. "Taehyung... it doesn't matter, she's probably busy with another guy, and forgotten about me," Yoongi replied.

You wanted to reach out to him so badly, you wanted to tell him that you've missed him so much, you wanted to be in his arms, and you wanted him to know that you never forgot about him. But in the end, you couldn't. You stood in the corner in fear. It seemed that no matter how much you wanted to comfort Yoongi, you didn't have the ability to. "Yoongi... I'm right here, please... I'll never forget about you... I really want to tell you, and I want to catch up with you. But something is holding me back from doing it," you extended your arm to him. You started fighting back the fear you felt.

Just then, Yoongi turned around. It was like he felt the presence of your hand before it even reached him. "What do you want?" he asked in a cold tone.

I hoped you enjoyed!
Check out my other stories!
1) Namjoon x Reader fanfic:
The Love of my Life
2) Taehyung x Reader fanfic:
Assistant Manager
3) Jungkook x Reader fanfic:
Judgemental Love
~XutieMiako