Playing Basketball

~A month later~

"Basketball?" you asked Yoongi. You were confused, he wanted you to play a sport that you can't play. He nodded, "Don't you want to play with me?" All you did was stare up at him, "But... I don't know how to play." "Don't worry, I'll teach," he grabbed both of your hands, and made attempt to pull you up. You willingly got up. "Are you sure? I might hold you down," you replied, unsure. He laughed before nodding, "Don't worry too much about it, baby." Then he was leading you to a basketball court. The other members and Kim were following behind. You glanced over your shoulder. They were happily interacting with each other. "Yeah sorry about them, they wanted to come along," Yoongi apologized. "It's fine. The more the merrier, right?" you quickly said. Then he stopped in the middle of the court, "It's pretty easy. You dribble the ball; don't try to double dribble or travel." You titled your head at his words. "Here, I'll demonstrate," he said. "Guys, toss me the ball," he held up his hand, and Jimin quickly tossed him the basketball. Yoongi caught the ball without flinching. "Okay watch, use the tips of you finger to dribble the ball, and use your other arm to block me from stealing it," he started to dribble the ball, and demonstrating how to defend it. You were busy mesmerizing him; you've only seen him play basketball once in a while. "Give it a try," he said before passing you the ball. You flinched as you caught the ball. Then you stared down at it, before trying to remember what Yoongi told you to do. You started bouncing the ball up and down, underneath your fingertips. "You double dribbled," Yoongi pointed out. With his statement, you catch the ball and held it in your hands. "How do you know that?" you asked. "You held the ball for a split second before dribbling it again," he answered. All you did was tilt your head. "Here, try to defend the ball and prevent me from stealing it," he quickly got into position.

You nodded and started bouncing it. "Wait, fix your posture," Yoongi stopped you. "Knees bent, and eyes straight ahead," he instructed. You did as told. "Okay ready?" he asked. You hesitated before nodding. He quickly made his way to you. You made your best attempt to protect the ball, but you failed. As you made an attempt to do it, he ran pass you and took the ball from you without a problem. "Yoongi~," you pouted, "I don't know how to play basketball; I don't know why you want me to play with you." All he did was chuckle, "Don't worry, baby. I'm only playing with you because I thought it'll be fun to play with you. Since we have a break today, and all you've been doing is working hard, I thought you needed a break." You smiled. It was know to that he really cared for you. "You're so sweet~," Hoseok said before making an attempt to steal the ball from Yoongi. Without any effort, Yoongi quickly ran past Hoseok and made a three pointer. "You should teach us how to play," Namjoon said. Yoongi looked over to you. "We can play after you're done playing with them. I'll watch and learn," you assured. With that, Yoongi nodded before gathering the others.

~After a while~

Although you were watching the seven members play basketball, you were so confused. Kim noticed your struggles, and started to explain it to you. "Do you play basketball?" you asked, amazed how much she knew. She laughed, "I used to play- well, only for physical education. After all, it was a requirement." "Really? I've never played it," you said, sadly. "Well, I did attend a school in America," she replied. "Were you any good?" you asked, and she shrugged. "My team said I was their star shooter, so I honestly have no clue. I felt like I sucked," she answered, unsurely. "Then you must have been really good! No one calls a person a star shooter without meaning it," you quickly said. She laughed, "I guess." Then she went back to explaining. Soon the boys were done playing, and they quickly went to drink water. "Let's go, Y/N," Yoongi motioned you over to the court. "Good luck," Kim said. You got up and started heading over. Yoongi smiled as he finished drinking, "Okay, do you understand now?" "I think I have the general idea," you replied, slightly confident since Kim helped you. "I'll go easy on you, okay?" he said as he started to dribble the ball. Taehyung quickly ran over, and took the ball from him. Both you and Yoongi went to the middle of the court. Taehyung smiled before throwing the ball into the air. Then you jumped but, of course, Yoongi got the ball. You quickly ran after him, and quickly took the ball of his hand. "I actually got it!" you thought. You happily ran off with the ball while dribbling it. Then you stopped and made an attempt to shot. The basketball hit the rim of the basket, and flew back. Yoongi quickly swooped it into his arms before running away. You quickly followed behind him.

Yoongi did a layup, and the basketball went into the basket without falling out. With that, he grabbed the ball and tossed it to you. "Stand here and toss in to me, and then I'll toss it back to you. Then you can play," he instructed. You nodded as you went behind the base line. Then you past the ball to Yoongi. He past the ball back. When you had it again, you quickly past him. He wasn't able to steal the ball away from you. As you attempted to make a shot, Yoongi slapped the ball out of your hands and took it without hesitation. You ran ahead and stood in front of him, and made an attempt to take the ball. He quickly ran past you without any effort, and ran to the basket. You quickly followed behind, and made an attempt to block his shoot. It looked like he was about to shot. When he did, you turned to see if the ball made it into the basket. "Huh, where's the basketball?" you thought confused. Then you turned around to look at Yoongi. When you did, he lightly kissed you before showing his gummy smile. You gave him a shocked expression. He casually started walking away. "Hey!" you quickly chased him. He starting bursting into laughed, and you did as well.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako