I'm Right Here

~A week later~

This entire week has been hard for everyone. It was especially hard on Namjoon. You didn't want to believe it at first; you wanted it to be the dream. But as life continued to move on without Kim, you knew that it was real. When ARMY found out, they comforted Namjoon. Something in you knew that it wasn't going to help him. He needed to move on by himself. You, on the other hand, tried comforting BTS. Although you were also devastated, you knew that they knew her more. It was a rainy day. Her family and friends came to Seoul just for this day- today was Kim's funeral. What about the others? They lived, their wounds weren't as deep as Kim's. The doctors tried their absolute best, but she ended up dying.

You watched as the rain fell from the shading. Then a umbrella was placed above you. You looked over to see Yoongi. "It's time," he said. "I don't want to go..." you lowered your head. "You have to go, I'm sure she wants you to be there," he said. "This is all my fault, if I just let Mimi kill me-" he interrupted you. "How do you think I would feel if I lost you? Sure, I lost my best friend. I'm absolutely devastated by it, and I haven't gotten proper sleep since that day. But if I knew you died because of me, how do you think I'll feel?" he asked. You looked at Yoongi, he had tears rolling down his face. Then he used his free hand to wipe them away. "You mean a lot to me. You're my best friend and girlfriend. If you lose your life, I think I would want to burn myself in a motel (Reference)," he said. "I wouldn't be okay. But I'm okay at the moment, because you're here with me! If you weren't here, I would want to join her as well. It's... I wish it didn't happen," he added. "I wish it didn't happen either. But I can't help but blame myself, I'm the reason why she died. She died because she wanted to protect me. Sure, I'm free from all that suffering. But is it worth it when the person who wanted you to be happy is no longer with you? Do I really deserve to be happy? Should I be happy? It cost a dear friend's life. So many people have crashed because of her death. You, BTS, her family, her friends, Charlotte and Tim, and even me. (Just imagine them preparing to go to that funeral) Was it worth all that?" you asked. Then tears started to well up in your eyes. "In the end, we never know..." he gave an incomplete answer.

~At the funeral~

Everyone watched as the coffin pass by them. The entire place was full of nothing but tears. Even the people who were trying to hold back, eventually broke down crying. "Does anyone... have anything to say?" her older brother asked. You were quick to spring up your hand. He stepped away. You went over ther, and Yoongi followed behind you. (Everyone's speaking English because not everyone speaks Korean or Vietnamese) "Hello my name is L/N Y/N, I was one of Kim's friends. I hate to say it... but... she lost her life trying to protect me. When I met her, I knew she was an amazing person. She was the one who saved me, and she's been saving me ever since that day. Kim meant a lot to me. Even when she knew she was going to die, she had a smile on her face. It just showed how strong she was trying to be for all of us. I hate that she's not here with us at this moment... I... I..." I started crying even more. Yoongi wrapped his arm around your shoulder and stood in your place instead. He cleared his thought. "Kim was my best friend, she was so kind. She never gave up on her dreams, and she always tried her absolute best. I've never seen someone so stubborn, yet so proud, as she was. She seemed insecure at times, but she was always so confident. I think I can speak on everyone's behalf that she was truly a motivating person," you watched as everyone nodded. "Kim even had her plans set out, she was ready to live her life with her husband. It's sad to know she didn't make it. She was an amazing person, I wish she didn't die..." then you and Yoongi left to sit down. Her family went up to talk. "She was an amazing daughter to have... I loved her very much," her dad was the one talking, he seemed too emotional to even finish his sentence. Her mom was also crying her eyes out. They just lost their daughter, who wouldn't cry? Her older brother stood up, "She was a good sister. We went through a lot of things together. At times, we fought like any normal siblings. I feel like I didn't appreciate her enough. She died too young, and it sucks I can't see her again," he said. He was the only one who wasn't crying, but his voice was still cracking. Her aunt didn't speak English, so her brother had to translate her Vietnamese. "She said that she was the best person to have around. She would always feed her food, and try making her smile," he said. Then they sat down. Namjoon ran up, "I'm Kim's husband. She promised me that she'll be fine. But here I am, not standing next to her. I wish I could see her smile again in that white wedding dress. She was the only one that could make me happy. She'll always try making time for me. I wish I had spent more time with her before she died..."

~After a while~

It seemed like everyone went up to talk about Kim, and how she was too young. Now, you were going to light incense to pray for her. It was a tradition for her family. Any flower can be placed down after you light incense, and put it into the rice. Then you prayed for her. "I hope you live a good life up there. Please look over us," you thought. Then you waited for Yoongi. When he was done, the rain had stopped and the sun peeked out of the clouds. "If Kim was here right now, I feel like she would say-" "Stop being so gloomy. Cheer up! I'm still right here. Look around, I'm right here," you imagined it in her voice. That made you break down crying again. Yoongi patted your back. The normal Vietnamese funeral would have lasted three days, but you weren't able to do that. You thanked those who came, especially the ones who lived through that game. Namjoon was still staring at her image, praying.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako