One

a/n; currently making editorial changes lol
06/22/21

tw: homophobic slurs, mention of self harm

**

Spotify on. Warm water working.

Benjamin steps in the shower, smiling as a soft RnB playlist plays from his phone.

After his shower, he steps out, grabbing boxers. He sits in front of his vanity, deciding to do a light makeup look for school.

After he was done, he grabs his light wash skinny jeans, throwing on a fluffy pink hoodie. He grabs his shoes, before walking downstairs.

"Hey, Benny!" Benjamin's mother Olivia calls out.

Benjamin offers a small smile. "Hi, mom."

"Your septum. It's crooked".

He fixes it before smiling, again. "What's for breakfast. I'm starving!"

"Cereal".

Ben frowns, reaching towards the top shelf, "Mom, you know I only stand four feet tall, help me." He exclaims sarcastically.

"Oh, whatever! Move out the way." Olivia smiles and grabs the cereal box out of the cabinet.

Benjamin goes to sit down, grabbing his phone to text his friends. His friend group consisted of, Kiara, Jackson, Caleb, Zoē.

"So Babe, your dad is coming to visit".

Benjamin's smile drops and he shakes his head. "Oh god no. Why?"

Olivia shrugs as she pours Benjamin some cereal. She sets the bowl in front of him. "He just feels bad, honey".

"I'd rather like, lose a fake nail while making Mac and cheese, please don't make me".

Olivia shakes her head. "We're having dinner, tonight".

Benjamin groans, shoving cereal into his mouth.

**

"Shorty!"

Ben rolls his eyes as he wasn't even the shortest one in the group. "Hey. Do you like my hoodie?"

Kiara smiles and nods her head. "Oo. Yes, super cute. What about mine?"

Caleb speaks up and shakes his head. "Eh. Couldn't be better."

Benjamin smiles a little before twiddling with his thumbs, looking up at his friends. "I have bad news."

Kiara frowns and looks around at her friends before back to Benjamin. "What?"

"My dad is back in town. I have to see him tonight."

Zoē widens her eyes. "Ew!"

Benjamin blushes and nods his head. "I know. Should I take my nail polish off? Or not wear makeup?"

Kiara shakes her head. "Hell no. Be yourself. Don't let your guard down around him, Benny."

Benjamin looks up as the bell for first period rang. He nods and smiles. "See you guys at lunch."

Kiara nods, "Bye," she waves, walking away. Benny grabs his bag by the straps, walking to his first hour.

**

"Little miss queer is sitting over there". Ben hears two football players whispering.

He rolls his eyes, playing with his earring. "Hey! Queer!" The guys whisper yells.

"Benjamin!"

Ben rolls his eyes, turning around. "Can you please stop calling my name. I don't need your asses distracting me from actually getting an education".