Chapter 7 (continuation)

"Fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes, Your ocean eyes."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Now continue, I want to hear the rest of how your day went." Lucky smiled.

"Um, nothing really happened after that. Oh, I do have a class where it's just me and Madden." I told him.

"What's the class?" He asked.

"Ancient history."

"Why?" He questioned bringing his hand to rub my knee.

"It's dumb." I whispered not wanting to tell him.

"It may be stupid for you, but I haven't heard the full story." He hummed.

I love how he always has time for my dumb things. Even now that I'm seventeen years old.

Grown and old.

"It was only Madden in there before I got there. There's another ancient history teacher across the hall from us. She didn't want to waste her time teaching him because he was to much of a distraction for her and her class. So Mr. Harris, the other history teacher took him in his class."

"So then why are you in there?" He asked pulling his eyebrows together.

"The other teacher didn't want me in her class because I was homeschooled."

"What? That's stupid. She doesn't even know you." He exclaimed retracting his hand for my knee.

I grabbed his hand and held it in mine to calm him down. "She thought because I was homeschooled I was dumb or something like that. So Mr. Harris took me in."

He scoffed at what I just told him.

"But, don't worry about her. She didn't want to take the time to get to know me. So it's her fault." I smiled.

"It's her loss. You are super smart. If she doesn't want to take the time to get to know then she can go fuck herself." He smiled showing his million dollar worth smile.

"Language." I giggled. "So, enough about me. How's life been treating you?" I demanded bringing my hands together.

"Pretty much the same as yours. Boring." He said sighed humorously.

"Hey, that's not funny. I'm also pretty sure you did some fun things while you were gone." I predicted.

"Nope not really." He said popping the p.

"Come on, you probably went traveling or ate at really fancy restaurants or met famous people." I tilted my head in amusement.

"Not really."

"Ok then what did you do?" I sighed throwing my hands in the air.

"Do you really want to know?" He offered.

I quickly nodded my head.

If he really didn't do anything while he was gone. I'm going to be mad at him.

"I went to school." He admitted.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

"Yeah, my parents sent me to a prestige boarding school in Europe. With a whole bunch of other people. It was fun." He exaggerated.

I retracted my hand from his, but he frowned at the loss of contact and took my hand back in his.

"So you left to go to a boarding school? Is that why you left?" I pulled my hand away from him again and held them in my lap, away from his reach.