Chapter 28

"It's pathetic, how we both get, kinda fucked up."

A few hours before Luckys departure

Luckys POV

I awoke to the sound of my phone ringing.

"What the hell?" I groaned picking it up.

Checking the time I frowned seeing it was four in the morning. Not bothering to check the contact name I accepted the call.

"Hello." I rubbed the bridge of my nose.

"Lucky, hey it's, um, Ace. We need to talk." Ace spoke, his voice serious.

"It's four in the morning, Ace." I said.

"Just shut the fuck up and listen to me. Are you with London right now?" He said.

"Yeah." I replied looking over to her.

She was deeply asleep with the covers cuddled up to her. Getting off the bed I rubbed my eye and walked out the room.

"Fuck." He cursed.

"What's going on Ace?" I asked softly closing the door behind me.

"I can't talk about this over the phone. I'll be over in a few to talk to you and Stefan." He sighed.

"Yeah, I'll see you here." I frowned in confusion.

He hung up and I stared down at my phone in confusion.

"What the hell are you doing? It's four in the morning." Stefan rasped opening the door to his room.

"I just got a call from Ace. He said he has to talk to us about something." I told him.

"Did he tell what for?" He asked.

"No." I shook my head.

"Is London asleep?" He asked rubbing his face.

"Yeah." I replied. "I'll be down in the office." I told him.

"I'll meet you in a few." He nodded.

I nodded and made my way down the stairs. Walking into the office I turned on the light and sat down in my chair. Leaning my elbows on the desk I put my face in my hands and yawned.

"Little guy wanted to come downstairs." Stefan chuckled.

I looked up and he had Bear in his arms. I shook my head with a smile and rubbed my face.

We sat in silence as we waited for Ace to get here. Bear fell asleep again and was just sitting on Stefans lap.

"What do you think Ace has to talk to us about?" Stefan asked.

"I don't know, it can't be good since it's four in the fucking morning." I sighed.

Suddenly we heard a car park in the front. Guessing it was Ace we waited for him. Hearing him open the front door we sat up hearing his footsteps near.

Since he had a key to the house he could easily get in and get out.

"Hey." Ace rasped walking into the room.

"Hey." Both Stefan and I nodded.

He sat down beside Stefan and rubbed his face.

"What's going on?" I asked sitting up in my chair.

He lifted his head up and sat up.

"We had some intruders an hour ago. They left before any of the warriors could get to them and they killed five of our most prized warriors." He spoke.