Chapter 48

"I'm not afraid anymore, what makes you sure you're all I need, Forget about it, When you walk out the door and leave me torn you're teaching me to live without."

Staring out of the window I sighed. Rubbing my eyes I stretched my arms and stood up from my chair.

It was dark outside now, the city lights being the only thing shining outside.

After my exploration had finished I sat down and watched the rest of the evening go by.

Lucky and Stefan weren't back yet, but I wasn't surprised. They were in a meeting and I would have expected them to stay for a while.

Picking up my now empty cup of tea, I made my way into the kitchen. Bear barked at my feet and I smiled his way.

Setting down my cup into the sink I washed it and shut the water off. Opening the fridge I searched through it. Finding something to make for dinner I decided on making a pizza.

Bear barked and I looked his way. He was sitting at his bowl with his nose pushing it towards me. Taking out his bag of food I went over to fill up his bowl.

Giving him the right amount I put the bag back and took out the ingredients for the pizza.

Once I had everything I needed I began to make it. After a few minutes I already had it in the oven. Watching the pizza begin to slowly rise I smiled and leaned against the island.

Suddenly Bear began to bark and I heard a knock at the front door. I frowned and went to check who it was.

Bear was still barking and I frowned.

"It's okay, Bear." I softly told him.

He calmed down and I softly smiled at him. A small gasp of surprise fell from my lips hearing another sudden knock at the door.

I sighed and unlocked it before opening it.

Seeing a tall man standing there I shy'd away and held the door slightly open.

"Hello." He spoke.

The immediate sound of his deep Spanish accent sounded in my ears and I replied with a small 'hi'.

The features of his face were sharply defined and he had facial hair. Not to the point where it was a beard, but a bit of stubble. He had on a suit, his figure tall and somewhat built.

He slightly chuckled and smirked.

"Are Lucky and Stefan here, sweetheart." He asked.

I blushed at the pet name and opened the door so it was fully open. Bear stood beside my feet and began to bark again.

"Bear." I scolded him.

He stopped barking and rubbed his nose against my leg.

"No." I replied.

"May I ask where they are?"

"Um, there in a meeting down the hall." I told him.

"Oh." He frowned.

The hint of a smirk tugging at his lips made an appearance, but I dismissed that. He crossed his arms over his chest and stood leaned against the door.

"Do you know when they'll come back?" He asked.

"No, sir." I answered honestly. "I can tell them you came by if you want."

"No, that's okay." He quickly replied. "I'll see them some other time."

I nodded and he fixed his posture. Brushing down his suit he looked down at me and smiled.