Chapter 12

"I pull you up to work on us cause ain't nobody taking my baby, I wanna be clear I'm staying right here cause ain't nobody taking my baby."

Luckys POV

I woke up to the sound of thunder rumbling the sky. My head pounding from last night. London shifted her arms letting out a small groan. I smiled like a freak as she was wrapped up in my arms.

She turned around so her face was facing me, she cuddled deeper into my arms as she let out another groan. I know I'm not supposed to be doing this, but I couldn't help myself last night. I was totally shitfaced and I was laying in the same bed as her. Just the thought of my arms wrapped around her small body brought so many emotions into my mind.

Staring down at her I noticed how soft and plump her lips looked. How her eyelashes were naturally long. How she had no scars or imperfections. How she had small freckles scattered on her nose and cheeks. You wouldn't be able to see them from far away, but up close their visible. Or how she looked so peaceful and calm while she was sleeping. How soft her breathing was. How she gave off a natural vanilla scent.

She's perfect.

I remembered the day I found out she was my mate. We were at the park with Ace and Luca and she came running up to me with a big smile on her face. She asked me for some money since the ice cream truck pulled up. I gave her some money and in return she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I freaked out when little sparks of electricity hit my skin. I didn't know you could find your mate at such a young age. I told my parents and they told me it was rare to find your mate when she's so young. My mom told me it was a miracle, that I didn't have to search for her anymore. She was right in front of me the whole time.

She was just ten while I was seventeen. It only lasted for a few months, I got more attached to her, I spoiled her, I showed more affection towards her.

It all went to trash when my dad told me I wasn't prepared enough to be alpha. I told him I was ready enough to lead the pack, that I didn't need to leave for training. But, he denied and told me I had to because he wasn't taking no as an answer. I begged my mom to talk to my dad. She talked to him, but she came back telling me she couldn't do anything about it.

She knew why I didn't want to leave and so did my dad. They knew I had found my mate. They knew I wanted to stay with her and watch her grow up. My dad told me he would try to bring me back as soon as he could. It was all bullshit. He lied to me. I stayed in training for eight years.

Eight fucking years. More then I should've been there. I never forgave him for that. I don't know when I will. We still get along, I love him, but I remind him of when he lied to me. If it's either at dinner or when we're spending time together.

When they sent me a letter telling me they were sending my brother to training also. I was fucking pissed. I sent them an angry letter back asking them why they sent me so early and why they were sending him at that moment. Why they didn't send him when they sent me. We are they same age, but they decided on sending him later then me.

I winced hearing more thunder, breaking me from my thoughts. I looked over at the clock on the wall seeing it was thirty till six. I groaned hearing Londons alarm clock ring from her dresser.

Why does she wake up so damn early.

I looked at the window seeing the moon still out. It was the middle of winter. The ending of November. I forgot about the time change here. I turned my eyes back to London feeling her move in my arms. To my luck the alarm clock was still ringing. I swear it got louder.