Chapter 13

"I hope that your happy with me in your life."

"Why did Lucky hold you back?"

We were sitting at the cafe on campus having lunch. By we I mean Raelynn and I. I didn't want to eat since I wasn't hungry, but Raelynn basically dragged me here because she had nothing to do.

She just really wanted me to talk about Lucky.

"Um, he told me he had a surprise for me after school." I mumbled.

"And your not excited?" She asked me wide eyed. "You should know that Lucky takes his surprises very seriously. He doesn't play games."

"Of course I'm excited. I just don't know what to expect." I sighed. "And you know I don't like surprises." I muttered taking a drink of my green tea.

"You should be excited. And don't worry if he gives you a bad surprise I'll make sure to beat his ass if he does." She patted my hand with a grin. "About you and Lucky. What did you mean by we."

I groaned not wanting to talk about it.

"Oh come on, it can't be that bad."

I looked at her giving her a blank stare.

"Oh, it's that bad."

I nodded my head.

"Oh well, I'm your best friend you have to tell me." She smiled.

"No, it wasn't anything serious. There's no need to talk about it." I ignored her demand.

Her smile faded when I told her. "No. We are not moving until you tell me." She bluntly looked at me.

"Raelynn, I don't want to." I whined.

"Well, your going to."

I was about to get up and walk away, but she tugged on my hand and sat me back down.

She had the look of determination in her eyes, telling me she wasn't going to give up until I told her.

"Fine." I huffed.

I told her about last night, with Lucky coming over drunk and him sleeping in my bed. By the time I was done I could see she was ready to ask a whole bunch of questions.

"You two slept together?!"

"Shhh, people can hear you." I scolded her. "And not like that. I told him I he was going to sleep in the guest bedroom, but h-"

"You were going to let him sleep in my room!" She interrupted me.

"It's not your room, it's the guest bedroom. Now shut up and listen." I told her. "But, he stopped and said no. He walked into my room and laid down on my bed. I was going to sleep in the other room, but he asked me to stay and I just couldn't say no."

"That's what you get for being a people pleaser." She lectured me.

"I know." I mumbled. "I told him yes before going to clean up a bit downstairs. Then Kaden knocked on the door."

"Kaden?"

"Yeah, he said he drove Lucky home. I didn't know they knew each other."

"Me neither." She looked at me confused. "Why was he there though?"

"To return Luckys phone. He said he left it in his car. Why would Kaden drive Lucky home?"

"Do you know where Lucky went to get drunk?" She asked.