Chapter 42

"Isn't it lovely, All alone, Heart made of glass my mind of stone, Tear me to pieces skin to bone, Hello, Welcome home."

Luckys POV

I rubbed my temple and sighed. Closing my computer I ran my hands over my face and leaned my head on the wooden desk.

For the past three hours I had been trying to figure out the schedule for the winter ball this weekend.

Mother had called me earlier to talk to me about a ball she wants to have this Saturday. She said her and father had already discussed it and they wanted to do it. So she called me to
tell Stefan and I, but Stefan was with London so she couldn't tell him at the moment.

She left me with the task of telling him later on.

The idea was great itself, but there were many struggles with organizing something as big as this.

There was food, decorations, music, and outfits.

It was just to much to handle at the moment. With Costello on my mind and London's safety being my main priority a ball wasn't something I wanted to do.

She wanted London to be the main focus of the event, but I told her London wouldn't appreciate all the attention on her. And if there was something I knew well about my little Princess was that she hated attention. The more she gathered eyes on her the more shy she became.

Lifting my head up I pushed my hair back and got out of the chair. Making my way to the library I walked in and chuckled softly seeing London asleep against Stefan's chest.

"Hey." Stefan spoke putting his phone down.

"How long has she been asleep for?" I asked sitting down across from them.

"A while." He replied.

I hummed in response and we sat quietly for a few minutes.

"Mom called." I said.

"What did she want?" He asked.

"Her and dad and have planned a winter ball for his weekend. Mom wants us to meet with her tomorrow afternoon so we can talk more about it." I explained.

"I don't want to go." He grumbled.

"You have to go."

"I'll stay here with London." He argued.

"No, your going. Her family's coming back tomorrow and I'm taking her to see them." I rolled my eyes at him.

He sucked his teeth and leaned his head back on the couch. Wrapping his arms around London he sighed and lifted his head back up.

"Does she usually do this?" He asked changing the topic.

"What."

"Fall asleep this early." He said.

"Yeah, she takes a nap after she finishes dinner. Than I wake her up so she can cleaned up and ready for bed." I explained.

"Oh." He mumbled. "And she goes to sleep well at night?"

"Usually, there's times where she wakes up early."

"Anything else besides that."

"When she wakes up from a bad dream, but she hasn't had one since back in New York." I told him.

"She had one when you were gone. I thought it was some random bad dream."

"Did she tell you what it was?" I sat up in my seat.