Five

tw: homophobic slurs

**

Benjamin walks downstairs, yawning. He ruffles his hair before grabbing the box of cereal. He proceeds to grab the milk as well as a bowl, accompanied by a spoon. He sees his phone on the barstool, picking it up.

He freezes, noticing it was too quiet in the morning. He begins looking around for his mom. He looks outside for her car, and then in the garage.

He quickly dials her number.

Ms.Evans rolls over, sleeping next to her ex-husband. Mr.Evans, formally known as Damien grabs the phone. He quickly sits up, waking up Olivia.

He shoves the phone in Olivia's face. "It's Benny."

"Benny!?"

She sits up, grabbing the phone from Damien's hands.

Olivia smiles as she answers the phone. "Hey, baby boy! What's up?"

"Hey, Mom. Um...why aren't you home?"

She can hear him pour his cereal into his bowl. "I've been called in. I have to stay out of town until-."

She looks over at Damien, seeing him mouth Wednesday.

"Wednesday."

Benjamin starts counting in his head, furrowing his eyebrows. "Wedn-...mom that's like a whole five days."

"I know baby. I'm sorry."

"No-no it's fine."

**

Benjamin showers, putting on jeans and a sweater. He texts his mom, telling her he's using the other car.

He grabs some nikes, grabbing his bag and keys. He heads to Starbucks, sitting down at a table. He opens his laptop, working on his project for his literature class.

You know, the one where Noah called him adorable?

He sips his coffee, bringing his feet up in the seat. He sat in the back, in a booth in the corner. Hopefully, to not be bothered.

He had also hoped that the football players or anyone for that matter wouldn't be there.

He begins typing out his reasoning for Jackson's movie and book. Noah walks in, chuckling at Ximena. They were on the phone as he walked in.

He orders a regular coffee, seeing Benjamin. He smirks, "Hey Ximena, you know that cu-."

He stops, realizing he was right there. He then proceeds to tell her in Spanish.

Ximena giggles, "Have fun."

She hangs up, leaving Noah to walk over to Benjamin. "Funny to see you here."

Benjamin looks up, smiling. Noah sits down, closing Benjamin's laptop. "So? The whole text thing...is it a joke? Cause no offense, but I'm pretty sure I'm your only friend, and you're my only friend."

"Cocky. But what text? The last thing we talked about was why I'm sure you're straight."

"Um. The whole, I don't like you. Stop talking to me shit."

"I have-.... I'm going to kill Kiara."

"Hm?" Noah furrows his brows.

"I left my phone downstairs yesterday when my ex-friends came over. They must've texted you. Kiara knows my passcode...I totally forgot."

"Shit. I'm sorry."

"No...it's fine. So? What brings you to my second home?"

Noah shrugs and takes a sip from his drink. "Well. Parents kicked me out of the house for the day, you?"

"That sucks...my mom is stuck out of town till Wednesday."

Noah nods his head. "Your mom is?"

"She works at the bank."

"Hm."

"What?"

"It's just...my mom works there and...she came home yesterday." Noah shrugs.

"She did?"

"Yea.."

Benny furrows his brows, "I'll have to call her."

**

Benjamin walks into his home, Noah behind him. "Nothing much to see. It's just me and my mom".

He sets his things down, taking off his shoes. "Um, I could show you my room...unless that's weird."

"Sure."

Benjamin smiles, leading him up the stairs. Benny opens his door, revealing his room.

All the walls a light gray color, bedspread white followed by all his furniture was white. A full-length mirror by his vanity which has makeup scattered around it.

Then, there's a door that leads into his bathroom, followed by his closet.

"It's cozy."

Benjamin smiles, "Yea. My dad made me get rid of all the pink things I ever owned, so this is what is settled with."

"It's cute...suits you."

Benjamin smiles, "Wanna go downstairs? Watch a movie?"

"Sure."

*

Benjamin and Noah had both fell asleep on the couch. The movie was still playing, they had a couple of minutes left. Someone knocks on the front door.

Benjamin gets up, followed by Noah. "Wow. Must've been a boring movie."

"Shut up. You were laughing."

Noah sits at the island, Benjamin opening the door. Kiara and Zoē stand there.

Benjamin sighs and leans against the door. "I have company. Can you guys come back later?"

Kiara snorts and rolls her eyes. "Who? Your mommy? Not like you have any friends."

"Actually. No, it's not my mom. I have to go." Benjamin begins to close the door.

Kiara pushes Benjamin on his shoulder and walks inside the house. "Move out the way, you faggot."

Noah frowns, hearing that word come from Kiara. He thought at least she was nice. Though, no one knows he's gay.

Zoē walks in, seeing Noah. Kiara notices him and immediately starts fixing her hair and smiling.

"Hi, Noah."

Noah stands up, walking behind Benjamin. "He asked you politely to leave his house. So go."

"Why? We wanted to hang out."

"Really? But you're calling him that word? Get the fuck out."

Kiara frowns, "I'm sorry....it-it slipped."

"No, it didn't. Just leave."

Kiara rolls her eyes and begins walking to Zoē's car. Zoē shakes her head, "You shouldn't hang out with Benjamin. He has issues."

She motions her hand like she's cutting herself. "I wonder where he gets them from."

Noah shuts the door, looking down at Benjamin. He walks over to the barstool, sitting down. He smiles at Noah, tears in his eyes. "I think you should go...I-I'm tired."

Noah frowns at him. "Don't cry."

"I'm not crying...um...I'll walk you out?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yea-Yea I'm fine."

Noah softly smiles at him, Benjamin returning it.

**