Chapter Eight: Pain

Kael's POV:
The smell of blood hit me like a tone of bricks but it wasn't mine and it wasn't Jody's; it was Rikki's.

I looked around still holding up Jody by the neck to see Rikki, pain filled her beautiful green eyes before they slowly rolled back and she slipped out of Kilah and Jude's grip before hitting the floor. Kilah, Jude, Lottie and Skippy went down to Rikki and the boys kept Bentley away, I knew even if he did go over to Rikki he would kill Jody, a pleasure I wanted for myself.

"What have you done Jody!?!!"

She refused to answer me which only annoyed Spades and I'm so glad no one else is in here because my temper us going through the roof.

"I said what have you done?!!!"

I used my alpha tone and slightly tightened my grip on her neck. I slowly loosened it slightly for her to speak.

"Kael?"

I looked over at my sister who guided my eyes to the claw marks in Rikki's side, it was red and inflamed like it was infected. I felt it harder to ignore Spades plea to kill Jody, especially when she just looked at her nails like she had done nothing.

I didn't care if Rikki attacked Jody first Jody deserve it but Rikki didn't jab her claws into Jody.

"It's only a wolfsbane coating."

My blood began to boil, wolfsbane hurts normal wolves unless you are an Alpha or Luna or related to one of them then wolfsbane is a poison but it shouldn't do what it's doing to Rikki.

"Kael she's burning up."

I looked over at Kilah and then at Rikki, I didn't know what was wrong. She had hit her head when she was shoved to the floor but that doesn't explain the inflamed mark, Spades whimpered and growled as I turned back to look at Jody.

"She allergic to wolfsbane."

I looked over at Bentley who was trying to wriggling out of Dillon and Ryan's grip. Jody just smirked, which only fuelled Spades anger as he watched his mate shake.

"We all our."

Bentley shook his head and he looked even more anger then before. His temper almost matched my own but nothing could match Spades.

"She allergic even a small drop can kill her!"

Bentley finally wriggled out of Dillon and Ryan's grip, he looked about ready to kill Jody until his attention was brought to Kilah.

"Bentley calm down it's not helping Rikki."

Kilah place her hand on Bentley's arm and he soon calm down but no sooner had he, a whimper escaped his lips and he yelled out in pain.

"Bentley what's wrong."

He didn't answer me instead he just hit the floor screaming out in pain. Kilah looked up at me.

"Their twin Kael."

I couldn't think so much was going on, I soon felt myself tightening my grip harder around Jody's neck.

"Kael, Kael we don't have time for this. Dillon, you and Ryan take Bentley to the infirmary, Carter, Jude make sure they don't get stopped. Kael you need to take Rikki to the infirmary too otherwise she'll die."

My sisters words brought me back to my senses and I dropped Jody.

I gentle picked up my mate's body and ran her to the infirmary followed by the guys helping Bentley.

Kilah's POV:
I watched as the boys left and just left me, Lottie, Skippy and Jody. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Roxy walking past the door, it's time to make Jody pay. Jody slowly started coughing away like she had no air at all.

"Get up Jody."

She did as she was told of course as I used my alpha tone and she deserves everything she's about to get.

"Hey Roxy come over here."

All four of us stood facing Jody and I couldn't help the smirk that had crossed my face I was going to enjoy this.

"Roxy my friend there appears to be a wasp on Jody's cheek would you care to remove it for her, we don't want her to blow up like a balloon now do we." 

She turned to face me with a grin across her face she was finally able to do something that was long over due.

"It would be my pleasure as her friend to help."

She slapped Jody around the face whilst at the same time I punched her in the stomach and she hit the floor like a sack of potatoes.

"Let's go girls."

As we walked out the cafeteria I noticed Jace standing at the end of the corridor with a pained expression on his face. I turned to look back at Roxy who had a similar expression on her face as she stared at Jace.

"Roxy why don't you go and spend time with your mate."

Jody wouldn't let Roxy spend any time with Jace, my guess is because Jace defeated her dad and Roxy's parents must have had a word but now Roxy is free, a free woman.

"Oh and Roxy welcome back to the pack circle."

She chuckled and ran up to Jace wrapping her arms around his neck. Seeing them smile made me smile but now it's time to be serious so I signalled Lottie and Skippy to follow me as we started walking to the infirmary.

"Lah what are you going to do about Jody, Roxy is lightly to still get in trouble even if she was killing the wasp."

She chuckled at the end of her sentence and I shook my head.

"I'll deal with her if she tries anything now come on we need to help the boys with Rikki and Bentley."

With that we all started to ran to the infirmary.

Kael's POV:
I ran as fast as I could but Rikki just got worse and Bentley blacked out.

Once the girls got here every doctor was running back and forth between Rikki and Bentley.

Bentley's machine was going crazy and I knew why, he was trying to take Rikki's pain so he could save her life but he was getting to close to risking his own.

"Bentley stop. Bentley stop."

He wasn't listening to me even with my alpha tone but I knew I would do the same for Kilah. Thankfully Kilah came in and ran straight up to Bentley.

"Bentley, Bentley you have to stop, look at me Bentley."

He opened his eyes and looked into hers I knew my sister would find her mate one day and I'm glad it's Bentley.

"I can't I need to help Rikki."

Kilah shook her head and placed a hand on his face. I just hope she can stop him I don't think I could bare telling Rikki something happened to Bentley I've only just got her back.

"You have to stop please; your going to kill yourself and Rikki wouldn't want this, let Kael deal with this now it's his job."

He shook his head and groaned in pain, Kilah looked up at me for a second before looking back at Bentley, what is she doing I already now their mates.

"I'm sorry for this."

Out of nowhere she crashed her lips on his and his reading on the machine calmed down, now I need to help Rikki but before I left I heard Bentley whisper.

"I thought we were keeping this between us."

Kilah looked over to me and smiled before looking back at him to continue their kiss.

"I don't care."

Kilah was right as always I left her and Bentley to it and ran in to Rikki. I placed my hand on hers and her machine began to calm too.

"I'm here Rikki, I'm here."

I closed my eyes whilst I gentle placed my forehead on hers and her eyes opened slowly as did mine.

"I love you Rikki."

She gave me a small smile and pulled away slightly as I was about to kiss her she said.

"I love you too Kael."