Chapter Forty: Joining The Pack

Kael's POV:
I sighed as I looked out the window and watched as Rikki, Caine, Emily and Leyla were practicing for the pack trails. I knew they were in safe hands with Jace and Carter helping them but it still didn't sit right with me or Spades.

'Can't we just complete the bond with mate and get Tyler to do the same with Emily so only Leyla and Caine have to fight.'

No Spades, it's not fair that just Caine and Leyla have to do it plus I don't think Rikki or Emily are ready to be fully mated yet. They have to do the trails even if we are mates, it's the code.

'I know, the Alpha must follow the code of the pack.'

We've seen them all fight, Rikki fought those rogues, Emily and Leyla fought the vampires and Caine..Caine had to deal with that monster of a father, they'll be fine.

I hate the pack trails, I remember when Jude, Jace and Bentley had to do it and it wasn't any better.

Jude was so scared, he hated the idea that he had to hurt someone and he hated the idea of fighting a pack member well he still does but it was painfully to watch, I remember my dad had to restrain Carter.

Bentley had it better but I guess I know why he was fine with it now.

Jace had it easy, he was stronger then all the pack warriors. He kept my dad on his toes that's for sure.

"Kael? Kael are you alright son?"

I had to pry myself away from the window before taking my seat next to my dad, how the hell did he cope with all this pack work and still do everything else I don't know.

"I know your worried but they'll be fine, Kael she'll be fine."

I gave him a small smile but he didn't look at all convinced but I didn't even try to make it convincing.

"I know how it feels Kael, your mom had to go through the trails after she left and came back. It was hard, Bobby was furious with me for doing it but it has to be done, it'll be over soon."

I just huffed before going back to the paper work. I really hate this almost as much as I hate Rikki doing this trail.

'I hate mate doing trail more than this stupid paper work!'

Okay Spades I think I get it you hate Rikki doing the trails, I get it okay I can't do anything about it!

I'm sorry, I'm just as stressed out as you okay.

"Kael? Kael how about we leave all this and you go spend time helping Rikki, the trails are in two hours and it'll help Spades calm down."

I smiled and jumped up out my seat and ran outside to my mate.

I lifted her up and span her round in my arms, she just squealed and laughed. It's nice to have her in my arms and I can feel Spades calming down at her touch.

"Kael, Kael put me down I still need to train."

I kissed her lips before placing her down and she ran off jumping onto Jace and he fell. I smiled and sat down next to Jude who was watching Carter and the others.

"You okay Jude?"

He looked at me and nodded before looking back at the others sparring. You could still see the fear in his eyes even through he knows their just play fighting.

"I'm okay, it's just..it's still hard you know to..it's hard to see that it's not real you know."

I gave his shoulder a squeeze before standing up it's time.

"Okay guys that's it training is over, Jace, Carter can you take the guys to the ring it's time."

I follow the others to the ring, this is it the moment of truth I hope to Goddess they all make it they only have to fight two wolves and draw blood and their done.

I watched as Caine, Leyla and Emily fought and won all their fights which just left Rikki.

Spades started to claw at my throat begging me to stop his mate from fighting but I can't, it has to be done. If it's not then it's not fair and it makes Rikki look weak in front of the pack.

'I don't like this make it stop mate doesn't have to do this she's Luna!'

Spades calm down Caine, Leyla and Emily all did it and they were fine, Rikki will be fine now calm down.

I took a deep breath before signalling for the fight to start.

Rikki had to fight Saffron and Cameron. They were both good fights but Saffron could be sloppy and Cameron rushed everything so Rikki should be able to see their weaknesses and find an opening.

Saffron lugged at Rikki but Rikki easily dodged. I could see Rikki taking note of Saffron's foot work as Saffron stepped and went to swipe her.

I bit my tongue to stop Spades from growling, Rikki just jumped over Saffron and ran her claw gently over Saffron's back drawing blood. One down one to go.

"She's doing great Kael only one to go, she should take Cameron down easy after all she caught me off guard."

A smirk crept up on my face, I still can't believe she caught Jace.

"I know she'll be fine, it's just Spades who needs reminding. I can feel him clawing at my throat to get out."

He chuckle before we both went back to looking at Rikki.

Cameron was waiting for her to make the first move and Rikki growled before jumping over him. Cameron span round before she got to swipe him but she did manage to duck before he swiped her.

I took a deep breath to calm down that was too close.

I watched Rikki again, she was taking notes on Cameron's size. His wolf is bigger than hers she could run underneath him easily.

Almost as if she could read my thoughts she went to swipe and whilst Cameron moved back Rikki slide underneath him and gently ran her claw under his stomach.

Carter blew the whistle and Rikki trotted up to me.

"You did so well baby, so well. As Alpha of the Blue Moon pack I welcome Rikki Adams, Caine Adams, Leyla Quince and Emily Quince to the pack congratulations ."

I slit my palm before doing the same with Rikki, Caine, Leyla and Emily and mixing my blood with theirs before I felt their minds join with the packs and I couldn't help the smile that grew on my face, now the pack feels complete.