Chapter Thirty-Four: Only You

Kael's POV:
"Oh Rikki, I love you. I love you so much. Never do that to me again I was so afraid of losing you."

I kissed her forehead before resting my head against hers. I can't believe she's awake. She's here, my little wolf came back to me and I'm never letting her go.

"It's only you, baby. It's only ever going to be you for me, Rikki."

I whispered under my breath as I snake my arms around her. I brought her close to my chest so I could inhale her scent I still can't believe this is even real.

"Kael, what happened? How long have I been here? Wait where's Bentley, where's Caine?!"

She started to panic so I did the only thing I could do. I held her tight with her head resting on my chest so she could hear my heart beat.

"Baby, calm down. Please everything is going to be okay. Hush now."

I rubbed circles in her back as I kissed her forehead. I started to whisper soothing words in her ear and she finally calmed down.

"Your father shot you."

I hissed just rethinking that moment made me want to rip Mr Adams apart. It was all his fault and mine. I should have protected her.

"You've been here three months Rikki."

I sighed as Rikki rested her head in the coup of my neck. I could finally calm down with her like this, safe in my arms.

"Bentley woke up a few hours before you, he's going to be fine. Caine..Caine hasn't woken up yet. He's improved but his chances don't look too good."

Rikki broke down in tears and buried her head in my chest. I had to tell her the truth but I wish it didn't hurt her so.

"I..I need to see them Kael."

She whispered amongst her tears. I can't let her go, she needs to stay in bed. But this small part of me hated to see her like this and wanted to take her.

"You need to rest baby. Please lie with me and I promise tomorrow I'll take you to see them as long as your well enough ok."

I expected her to get mad and run out but she didn't. I wiped away her tears and climbed under the covers with her.

She cuddled up in my arms and rested her head on my chest.

"Baby everything is going to be ok I promise. Caine will wake up and we'll all go away together. Away from all the problems okay you, me and the gang."

I whispered as I rubbed circles in her back again. She finally fell asleep in my arms.

I'm so glad she's awake, I felt at peace. I stroked her hair and moved a strain of hair out of her face before feeling myself falling asleep. I can finally sleep knowing my mate is safe.

'You mean our mate idiot.'

Yes Spades our beautiful mate. Our one and only, always and forever.

The next morning I woke with Rikki cuddled up in my arms. I moved her platinum blonde hair out of her face and her eyes slowly opened.

"Morning Baby."

I sighed as she started to move in my arms. I know I promised to take her to see Bentley and Caine but she doesn't look very well. I sighed again, I need to get a doctor to check her over first.

"Morning Knight."

She whispered, she's so weak today. My poor baby. I kissed her forehead before staring into her beautiful green eyes.

'What's wrong with mate.'

Spades whimpered. I don't know buddy, I don't know. I wish I had protected her better.

'It's not your fault Kael. We'll make mate's dad pay!'

Yes we will buddy. He'll wish he had never laid eyes on our little wolf. We'll make him pay for hurting Ben and Caine too.

"Rikki, Rikki baby. Hey look at me."

She was going all floppy in my arms and she couldn't keep her eyes open. I lifted up her head and she opened her eyes again.

"I'm okay Kael, I'm just a bit tired."

'Mate is not okay Kael. Melody isn't talking to me anymore, I'm worried about mate.'

It's going to be alright bud. Rikki's going to be okay I promise. I lifted Rikki off me and placed her back down.

"I'm going to get a doctor okay baby. After they come and they say it's okay I'll take you to see Bentley and Caine okay."

I placed a kiss on her forehead and raced off to find a doctor. When I did find one two others had ran into Bentley and Caine's room.

'What is going on!'

Spades was being to panic and I could feel my whole body shaking with anger. I'm going to force shift at this rate. I raced around asking for an explanation but they wouldn't give me one.

I sat outside of Rikki's room with my face in my hands trying to calm down.

'Let me out, let me take control Kael! I'm gonna rip Mr Adams head off!'

Spades we need to calm down. We have to stay here for Rikki.

'I want to be by mate, I want to see my Melody.'

He whimpered. I know buddy, I know. I waited and waited my temper had washed away. Now all that's left is pain.

"Alpha, our Luna is asking for you."

I don't think I have ever leaped up so fast in my life. The second I heard the doc I knew I had to get answers.

"How is she, is she okay. How's Bentley and Caine?"

All the pain I had slipped away and waves of panic hit me, what if something has happened to one of them.

"Our Luna is fine Alpha. Her wolf has taken out all the wolfsbane in her system. She wasn't well early because her wolf was finding it hard to fight it but she's fine know. She just needs rest. Bentley is doing well, he reserved some good news earlier. As for Caine, he is showing signs of waking up with our Luna waking up he should wake up soon."

I felt a wave of relief wash over me. Rikki's okay, hear that bud our mate is okay. To make it even better Bentley and Caine are going to be okay.