Chapter Thirty-Six: My Mate

Caine's POV:
I could get used to waking up to Leyla like this, it's better then the way I used to wake up. I shook those nightmare memories away as I felt Leyla stir beside me.

"Morning Birdie."

I whispered kissing her nose and she slowly opened her eyes. Her cheeks were bright red and she had a shy smile on her face.

"Morning Honey."

I raised an eyebrow at the nickname, Honey. It sounds like something you'd call your husband or wife.

"Why Honey Birdie?"

It was her turn to raise an eyebrow, I seriously don't know where she got honey from.

"Seriously Caine. Honey because that's the colour of your eyes and you smell like honey milk and lemon. Now your turn why do you call me Birdie of all things."

I smiled and kissed her lips, I guess my nickname reason isn't going to be as good as Leyla.

"Well because you flew out of no where and saved me."

Technically the pack saved me but Leyla had her part too, if it wasn't for her rose and satin scent, chocolate brown eyes and black hair I wouldn't have had the strength to challenged my father.

"Well how about you choose, I can either call you Birdie or Rose."

I prefer Birdie but if she like Rose I'll just have to call our daughter Birdie if we have one.

"No I like Birdie my wolf is already named after a plant I don't think I need a nickname to match and just for the record if we do have kids we stay away from flower names."

I chuckled before pulling her closer to me so she does want kids too.

"How about we play questions you ask me a question then I'll ask you one and we continue until we're finished."

***Questions Game***
(Caine)"What's your favourite colour?"
(Leyla)"Gold, what's yours?"
(Caine)"Chocolate, what's your favourite thing to do?"
(Leyla)"Run, boxing and reading also I didn't know chocolate was a colour?"
(Caine)"Well it is Birdie, and that was your question by the way so do you have any siblings?"
(Leyla)"Okay whatever you say, I have a sister Emily she's Tyler's mate and we did have a little brother but he went missing, what about you?"
(Caine)"I'm sorry, I'll help you find your brother if you want and I have two siblings were triplets, Bentley is older by a day and Rikki's younger by a day."
(Leyla)"That counts as your question Honey and that would nice thank you. So how old are you?"
(Caine)"I'm 18 I'll be 19 on the 26th December, how about you?"
(Leyla)"I'm 17 I'll be 18 in a few weeks on 6th October, do you want kids?"
(Caine)"Straight to the point I like that and yes I do want kids, do you?"
(Leyla)"Yeah I do, where do you see yourself in a few years?"
(Caine)"I see me and you living in a small house by the pack house with a few kids and a beautiful wedding ring on your finger. What's your greatest fear?"
(Leyla)"Losing everything and everyone I love, what about you?"
(Caine)"My father and losing you. What's you favourite place?"
(Leyla)"That's sweet and sad Caine, I'm sorry about your dad. I guess it's the forest what about you?"
(Caine)"Easy the beach it's the only place that has good memories, what's your favourite food?"
(Leyla)"I'm sorry about your childhood and by the way hard question much, I guess pizza."
(Caine)"Great mind think alike Birdie what your favourite topping?"
(Leyla)"I thought you we're going to say chocolate, my favourite topping is by far ham and mushroom. What about you?"
(Caine)"Chocolate's my second favourite Birdie and I like chicken and ham. Okay what's your full name?"
(Leyla)"Leyla May Quince, what about you?"
(Caine)"Caine Alexander Adams, last question what's your wolf's name?"
(Leyla)"Lili, what's your wolf called?"
(Caine)"Cage, Bentley's wolf and my wolf share similar names his is Sage."

***End Of The Game***
After are game of questions Leyla fell asleep snuggled beside me. I wonder what her brother is like she didn't really tell me much about him, it makes me even more sad at how much time I missed with Bentley and Rikki.

"Caine are you okay?"

I looked down and smile at Leyla, it's amazing how much more I can feel now we've marked each other I can't wait until we complete it.

"I'm fine Birdie I'm just thinking about the time I've missed with Bentley and Rikki, so what about your family what are they like you already know my family."

She gave me a small smile but I could see the sadness in her eyes.

"Well I'm the eldest child, I have a younger sister Emily she's turned 17 two mouths ago, our parents are pack-less wolves, their not rogue they just didn't want to be in a pack so they live like humans and then there is my baby brother Kai. He would be sixteen now, he went missing when he was thirteen. We were all running it was his first shift we was a late shifter but he was so excited we were playing hide and seek when I lost his scent, me and Emily searched for hours. I called my dad and he and my mom came to help search but he was gone and we haven't seem him since."

Her voice started to crack near the end and once she finished talking she burst into tears. I wrapped her in my arms and whispered smoothing words in her ear.

She hasn't seen her brother in four years and I can relate I hadn't seen Rikki or Bentley for eight years.

"It's going to be okay Birdie, it took me eight years to find Rikki and Bentley and I promise you I won't let you wait that long. We'll find Kai Birdie I'll help you I swear to you."

I kissed her forehead before drawing circles in her back, I shouldn't have asked about her family.

"Thank you Caine, I've bottle that up for so long, I treated Emily so badly, I was always so angry and mean. Thank you for being here for me Caine and I'd really like you to help me find Kai, I love you Caine."

'I don't like seeing mate sad, we'll make her feel better right.'

Of course we will Cage, we'll make Leyla and Lili smile everyday until we find Kai, it's our job as their mate to love them, protect them and make them the happiest wolf in the world.

"Don't thank me Birdie, I'd do anything for my mate, I love you Leyla."