Chapter Forty-Six: Rogue Attack

Rikki's POV:
I've never been so happy at Christmas, my birthday was in two days and I wasn't looking forward to it but I didn't tell Kael.

I knew Kael was older than me after are game of questions but Kilah and Bentley were the same age so I knew Kael's birthday was today. It funny how me, Bentley and Caine were triplets but Bentley was born the day before Caine and Caine before me.

I smile to myself as I look at the people that I now call family.

I laughed along side the others as Kaleb and Kade tackled Kael to the grown. I couldn't help but think of our future, I couldn't wait for the day when our children tackle him to the floor.

All of a sudden Kael snapped at Kaleb and Kade. His eyes flashed yellow and his whole body tensed up.

"Rogues!"

As soon as the word left his mouth rogues burst into the living room from the windows. Kaleb froze on the spot, you could see how frightened he was. His breaths were uneven and he looked pale.

I looked at Kael his eyes were completely yellow, Spades was in control but Kael was still there otherwise they would be black.

"Girls get up stairs and lock your bedroom door now!"

Kael lunged and shifted mind air just as he pounced onto a rogue. In seconds Dillon, Ryan, Jace, Carter, Jude, Tyler, Roxy, Emily, Lottie and Skippy came running in.

"Kael!"

I yelled as another rogue went for his neck. I felt my bones crack and pop as I shifted and clawed at the rogue that went for Kael.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kilah, Roxy, Leyla, Jude, Emily, Ellie and Lexi leave the room as the rest of us attacked the rogues.

Kael nudged me as if to tell me to go but I grunted and continued fighting anyway I was not going to be one of those mate's that sit around worried I know the girls aren't like that they only left with Roxy and Kilah to make sure she doesn't stress and Jude left because he's petrified of Rogues.

There were so many rogues but none of them ever came to attack me just everyone else and I was confused as to why but I fought back all the same.

My attention was brought away from the rogues attack and to Kaleb.

His wolf, Bravo was whimpering and wincing on the floor with a rogue slowly coming towards him. I looked around Jackson and Hayley were keeping the rogues in the living room whilst Carter and Jace defended the door to the stairs. No one else noticed Bravo struggling but me.

Why didn't he go with the others?

I snarled and bared my teeth at the rogue but it just started to charge at Bravo so I raced after the rogue. My claws extended and I leaped on the rogue's back pulling it away from Bravo.

I snapped at the rogue's throat and clawed at it's stomach until it fell lifeless onto the floor.

I darted to Bravo and stood in front of him ready to defend him.

I nudged my head against Bravo's side to try and encourage him to get up. He started to try and as he did I helped him like a mother helping her child to walk for the first time.

He was unsteady on his feet but standing.

I looked over so many rogues laid died and so many were still piling in. Well Christmas is over I thought as I clawed at a rogue's face.

My eyes wondered in search for my Kael, when I couldn't see him panic filled my body and I looked for everyone else.

I could see everyone but Kael.

"Ben, Jace, Carter do you know where Kael is? I can't find him and I'm worried. Ben will you mind link the other and ask them please."

I sniffed the air to try and get a hold of his scent, I'm worried.

I heard a painful howl and darted outside to find Kael and a rogue. They were both on the floor in pools of blood, their own blood. I nudged Kael's head but he didn't move.

I licked his head and he looked up at me with weak eyes.

I shifted back and Kael slowly and weakly shifted back too. I placed his head on my lap and I tried to keep him awake.

"Kael, Kael hey look at me okay. Stay with me."

I let out a howl calling everyone to me and Kael. I placed my hand over a huge, deep wound that was right across his chest. He had bite marks and claw marks on his whole body and none were healing.

"I'm sorry I ruined our first Christmas baby."

He breathed and I felt tears fall down my face, he was losing a lot of blood but I could hear the pack they were close.

"Sssshhhh it's okay, Kael it's okay. Just, hold on for me please. Your not healing, why aren't are you healing Kael."

He held my hand that was on his wound tight.

"The rogue had silver on it's claws and wolfsbane on it's teeth. The rogue wasn't alone, look again baby."

I looked back at the body and there were two, one was the rogue and the other a hunter. How I didn't notice or sense the other body I don't know. I looked back at Kael confused and he weakly looked at me.

"How..how did not see the other body?"

I was confused and worried about Kael. He looked super weak and he was losing so much blood.

"Your panicking you need to calm down otherwise your senses can't be focused. Baby it's going to be okay, I'm in your arms that's all I need. I was going to ask you something but we had a small issue."

I gave him a small smile as he tried to squeeze my hand and that all unfamiliar weakness in his grip was back, I hated it the first time.

"What were you going to ask me my Knight."

I whispered and he gave me a small smile as he reached into his pocket slowly. He's weakening by the second and the others are taking too long to find us.

"I was..I was going to ask you to marry me Rikki."

He breathed as his eyes started to get heavy. I could see he was fighting to keep them open. I felt a pain in my chest, I felt like I was losing him and I don't want to lose him.

"Kael, you know my answer. It will always be you, it's only you babe it's only ever going to be you for me. Your the only one for me remember. Of course I'll marry you but you have to stay with me okay. I can't marry you if your not there."

The others were coming towards us and Kael's eyes were becoming heavier and heavier. I'm losing him.

"Only you, I love you. I'm so sorry."